Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From Gaussian Quadrature to Chebyshev Quadrature

1. Aug 14, 2012 #1
    Hi,

I'm studying about Chebyshev Quadrature and i found so little and confused information about this.
    I dont know if Gauss-Chebyshev Quadrature is the same of Chebyshev Quadrature.
    The only good information that i found was from Wolfram:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ChebyshevQuadrature.html

And there is write Chebyshev Quadrature is a simplification of Gaussian quadrature. So here is my question: How can i simplify from Gaussian Quadrature to Chebyshev Quadrature?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2012 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

You ask an interesting question about terminology. I don't know the answer, but I think it would help to state the question explicitly rather than expecting readers to follow links.

The Wikipedia article on Gaussian Quadrature states:

The question is whether that definition is equivalent to the one on the Wolfram site which defines Chebyshev Quadrature as:

I had to do the LaTex manually instead of a straight cut-and-past. I hope I haven't introduced any typos.

4. Aug 18, 2012 #3

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

5. Aug 20, 2012 #4
    Thanks Stephen Tashi.

Finally i found the proof. Chebyshev quadrature is really hard to find because always when you google it other similar topics appears. So the book i found this information is: Introduction to Numerical Analysis - F. B. Hildebrand

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook