From the point of view of the speed of light

In summary, any velocity can be seen as rest mass, meaning that if someone observes someone else experiencing time more slowly due to general relativity, as long as they do not change velocities, they will see the observer as experiencing time more slowly. However, from our point of view, anything traveling at the speed of light (or any mass-less particle) does experience time, or appears to be frozen in time. This raises the question of how an object with mass would behave from the point of view of something traveling at the speed of light. It is important to note that something traveling at the speed of light does not have a point of view.
ScientificMind
It has been made clear to me that any velocity can be seen as rest mass, meaning that if I observe someone else experiencing time more slowly than me due to general relativity, so long as they do not change velocities, they will see me as experiencing time more slowly than them. I have also heard that, from from our point of view, anything traveling at the speed of light (in other words, any mass-less particle) does experience time, or appears to be forever frozen in time. But this leads me to another question that, how would an object with mass appear to behave from the point of view of something traveling at the speed of light? And for that matter what would something traveling at the speed of light observe when observing another mass-less particle that is traveling in the exact opposite direction

Physics news on Phys.org
Something traveling at the speed of light has no "point of view".

What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is a fundamental physical constant that represents the speed at which light travels in a vacuum. It is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second, or about 670,616,629 miles per hour.

Why is the speed of light considered the fastest possible speed?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is the maximum speed at which all matter and information in the universe can travel. This is because the speed of light is a constant and cannot be exceeded, regardless of the observer's frame of reference.

How was the speed of light first measured?

The first measurement of the speed of light was conducted in 1676 by Danish astronomer Ole Rømer. He observed the moons of Jupiter and noticed that the time between their eclipses varied depending on the distance between Earth and Jupiter. This led him to conclude that light has a finite speed.

Can anything travel faster than the speed of light?

According to current scientific understanding, it is not possible for anything to travel faster than the speed of light. However, there are some theoretical concepts, such as wormholes and the Alcubierre drive, that propose ways to circumvent this limitation.

How does the speed of light impact our daily lives?

The speed of light has numerous practical applications, such as in telecommunications, navigation systems, and medical imaging. It also plays a crucial role in our understanding of the universe and is used in various scientific fields, including astronomy, physics, and chemistry.