Funniest Member Award Nomination: Time to Strut Your Stuff!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the 2006 funniest members disappeared and it's probably a test to see who is the least intensely focused on maths and science. The winners are then culled. Cyrus is still around, but his penguin sidekick vanished. MIH got promoted to Mentor, and the others have been in and out of GD on and off.
Artman said:
Yup. It's Evo's one-eyed-flaming-leaf-pile-mole-hill-volcano-beating-off-penguin.

(Actually the kids just call it Whack-A-Penguin, I think.)
:redface: :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Are You Participating This Year??

Artman
I'm on the nominations list. I only have two votes, so its a little early to worry about fireproofing my penguin, but it's always great just to be nominated. :cool:

Artman said:
I'm on the nominations list. I only have two votes, so its a little early to worry about fireproofing my penguin, but it's always great just to be nominated. :cool:
Errr, um, those nominations are from last year. You'll certainly get nominated this year - 2007. Stick around.

Astronuc said:
Errr, um, those nominations are from last year. You'll certainly get nominated this year - 2007. Stick around.

Gosh, you're right. I just went back and looked at the date. :redface: Now you see why I don't come around much: I can't read! :rofl:

So does this mean that Evo won't grab my flame resistant penguin and beat off flames?

:uhh:

Artman said:
So does this mean that Evo won't grab my flame resistant penguin and beat off flames?

:uhh:
Just try to stop me. :devil: :blushing:

But all the young'uns here don't know how HYSTERICALLY FUNNY you are.

Is there any rule saying that we can't throw the winner into more than one volcano. I have a list - an extensive list. :biggrin:

Here is a short list of recent activity.

14-20 November 2007
New Activity/Unrest: | Krakatau, Indonesia
Ongoing Activity:
| Arenal, Costa Rica
| Bezymianny, Russia
| Chikurachki, Russia
| Fuego, Guatemala
| Galeras, Colombia
| Karymsky, Russia
| Kilauea, USA
| Pacaya, Guatemala
| Santa María, Guatemala
| Shiveluch, Russia
| Soufrière Hills, Montserrat
| St. Helens, USA
| Tungurahua, Ecuador
| Turrialba, Costa Rica
| Ubinas, Perú
| Villarrica, Chile

This would be a cool place! :cool: I would hate to see this opportunity wasted o:)

KRAKATAU Indonesia 6.10°S, 105.43°E; summit elev. 813 m
http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/volcano.cfm?vnum=0602-00=

According to a news article, lava flows and incandescent rocks from Anak Krakatau traveled down the flanks during 13-14 November. Incandescent material and "smoke" were propelled hundreds of meters from the summit on 14 November. Visitors and tourists were advised not to go within a 3-km radius of the summit. The Alert Level remained at 3 (on a scale of 1-4).

Here's a nice place too! - http://erebus.nmt.edu/

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I nominate Artman for funniest PF member.

And if I may, I nominate turbo-1 too!

They are much tastier and more deserving than me!

I just remembered, turbo has a flaming orange suit that would look so cool against a dark black lava field.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I nominate Artman for funniest PF member.

And if I may, I nominate turbo-1 too!

They are much tastier and more deserving than me!

I just remembered, turbo has a flaming orange suit that would look so cool against a dark black lava field.
I'm really not that funny - more quirky, perhaps. I am probably one of the hottest members, though not in the teen-magazine sense, but in the sense that I eat salsas/chili relishes that you can never buy in a store. I have gotten ahead of my organic-gardening neighbor who gave us nice German and Russian garlic last year and I keep asking him if he's got enough hot sauces to keep him happy, and he keeps telling me "I'm the only one that eats this stuff!", so I guess he's OK for now. The neighbor on the far side of him and I hunt part of most every day, but unless we can live on "track stew" we are bound to go without venison.

Astronuc said:
Is there any rule saying that we can't throw the winner into more than one volcano. I have a list - an extensive list. :biggrin:

...Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I nominate Artman for funniest PF member.

:grumpy: Uh huh, planning on tying an multi-stranded carbon filament ceramic center rope around my waist so you can drag my flaming butt out of the volcano's hot mouth... :uhh: That doesn't sound right, does it?

Only mentors can nominate victims. :grumpy:

Evo said:
Only mentors can nominate victims. :grumpy:
You make it sound like such an honor! :rolleyes:

Thank God for that! And there is no chance that you would nominate...

Evo said:
...how HYSTERICALLY FUNNY you are.

AHHHH!

Uhh, sorry about all those silly comments about beating off flaming penguins. :!) You know that I love you :!) (in a platonic way that my wife would in no way have any problem) :!) right?

Artman said:
Thank God for that! And there is no chance that you would nominate...

AHHHH!

Uhh, sorry about all those silly comments about beating off flaming penguins. :!) You know that I love you :!) (in a platonic way that my wife would in no way have any problem) :!) right?
Oh, you're going in, there's no doubt. :devil:

I will get you back for all those times you made me spray my keyboard and monitor.

Evo said:
I will get you back for all those times you made me spray my keyboard and monitor.
Evo :uhh: I thought we...you know...we talked about those times and... :uhh:

Oh! You mean when you laughed too hard and...

Never mind. o:)