FunTrivia quiz: 10 timed questions with scoring
- Thread starter Integral
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Competition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
99 replies · 60K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
cristo said:At least you had several biology questions to make up for it!
Yep! They were all easy ones though.
For example, you don't even need to know all the parts of the small intestine in order to get that question right, because the colon was only last in one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
I am pretty disappointed in the History category, that will be changed for next week. Perhaps another Sci/tech day?
I will be experimenting with different question categories as we go. Some of them do not have a lot of questions so you get a pretty high rate of repeats.
I tend to like harder questions to make it less of a race and more knowledge based. I the other quiz I participate in there are days when you have to finish is less then 60s to get in the top 10!
Enjoy.
I will be experimenting with different question categories as we go. Some of them do not have a lot of questions so you get a pretty high rate of repeats.
I tend to like harder questions to make it less of a race and more knowledge based. I the other quiz I participate in there are days when you have to finish is less then 60s to get in the top 10!
Enjoy.
tribdog
- 779
- 17
Kurdt said:I was quick today but my wireless cut out![]()
of course it did.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
Notice that the number of points awarded the top player corresponds to the number of players that day. The more people that play, the more points you get. I am hoping to get some more people involved.
Do you think it would help to unsticky the thread to let it float in the active theads?
Do you think it would help to unsticky the thread to let it float in the active theads?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
I think I'd completely forget this thread if it was not stickied. Not that I remember with it sticked either.
Sorry about the spoiler earlier. Grumpy about today's bio questions though (they sure do seem heavily weighted toward bio, don't they?) I lost time staring at one question because none of the answers was really right.
I guessed right which one the writer thought was the right answer, but sometimes knowing too much doesn't help with questions like these. 
Sorry about the spoiler earlier. Grumpy about today's bio questions though (they sure do seem heavily weighted toward bio, don't they?) I lost time staring at one question because none of the answers was really right.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Integral said:I tend to like harder questions to make it less of a race and more knowledge based. I the other quiz I participate in there are days when you have to finish is less then 60s to get in the top 10!
I played this type of quiz with another group, and that was always the problem there too. I can't even get in the 60s if I click randomly without reading the question! I don't know how people can scroll and click so fast.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
I simply do not understand how you can finish one of these in less then 40s. In my other quiz the top 6 10s were under 40s!
I am thinking part of it is just having seen most of the questions before. It is surprising how many repeats there are.
I am thinking part of it is just having seen most of the questions before. It is surprising how many repeats there are.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 1,891
- 11
Integral said:I simply do not understand how you can finish one of these in less then 40s. In my other quiz the top 6 10s were under 40s!
I am thinking part of it is just having seen most of the questions before. It is surprising how many repeats there are.
Two words:
Sock puppet.
tribdog
- 779
- 17
Something's screwed up with today's game. it says I've already played. It is carrying over the 9 people who played yesterday.
neutrino
- 2,093
- 2
tribdog said:Something's screwed up with today's game. it says I've already played. It is carrying over the 9 people who played yesterday.
Yes. Same here. However, when I created a new account, I was able to open today's (World Europe) quiz.
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
I think that they draw their questions from the bank of quizzes in the various catagories. If you poke around the funtrivia home site you can find lots of quizzes in prehaps 10 different catgories, you don't even have to register to play them.
Any hope of adding questions would have to be done on the triva site, I have not explored that side of things.
Any hope of adding questions would have to be done on the triva site, I have not explored that side of things.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
Top players for Jan 09
16 players played during the month.
1. neutrino (196 points, 0 wins)
2. yebvas1 (192 points, 3 wins)
3. neu (190 points, 3 wins)
4. Chi_Meson (189 points, 6 wins)
5. cristo (181 points, 3 wins)
6. bonnas91 (177 points, 4 wins)
7. dntstpbelieving07 (170 points, 3 wins)
8. Integral51 (155 points, 5 wins)
9. Kurdt (136 points, 1 wins)
10. NBAJam100 (123 points, 0 wins)
16 players played during the month.
1. neutrino (196 points, 0 wins)
2. yebvas1 (192 points, 3 wins)
3. neu (190 points, 3 wins)
4. Chi_Meson (189 points, 6 wins)
5. cristo (181 points, 3 wins)
6. bonnas91 (177 points, 4 wins)
7. dntstpbelieving07 (170 points, 3 wins)
8. Integral51 (155 points, 5 wins)
9. Kurdt (136 points, 1 wins)
10. NBAJam100 (123 points, 0 wins)
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,859
- 6
Daily System Maintenance
We are currently performing our nightly maintenance and backups (4:00 to 4:20 CT). We should be back shortly.
What a lovely message to receive when you submit your answers. I hope this doesn't compromise my score today.
Similar threads
Undergrad Scoring algorithm for weighted personality quiz with 5 types
- cesarcesar2
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
Undergrad Expected questions to win quiz with point reset on 2 consecutive wrong answers
- reg_concept
- · Replies 3 ·
- Set Theory, Logic, Probability, Statistics
- Replies
- 3
10-month study plan for college entrance exam with 10 math questions
- tetsuro1
- · Replies 4 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 4
Highest Scoring Entry for 2007 Physics World Quiz Contest?
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 39 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 39
Self-test anatomy quiz: 10 multiple choice questions
- Evo
- · Replies 14 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 14
10 physics quiz questions on forces and motion
- St@rbury
- · Replies 12 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 12
What Pop Culture Trivia Was Discussed in PF Quiz #1?
- Kurdt
- · Replies 44 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 44
Solving Pendulum Question on Physics Quiz: Length 2m, 10 Oscillations in 32 secs
- NoHeart
- · Replies 2 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
Graduate Question 10 of relativity quiz: can accelerating Stella call herself at rest?
- εllipse
- · Replies 43 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 43
