FunTrivia quiz: 10 timed questions with scoring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Integral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Competition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
99 replies · 60K views
I won't give the question away, but really, "a thingy..."? Take the quiz today and you'll see what I'm talking about. Really, the best they could do was "a thingy..."?? How about, "something that..."? :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ArcanaNoir said:
Giving us a head start this month, Integral?

Oh that reminds me. What do you get when Integral and I end up on Jeopardy?

Integral_vs_OmCheeto_on_Jepardy.jpg

I met Integral one day. I'm about 5'7". He's about 7'5". So the cartoon is drawn to scale. :-p Oh! and he has a long white beard too. And I always have my hands on my hips on the last day of trivia. hmmm...
 
Come on OM, it ain't that bad, I am only 7'3" (plus or minus a foot or so). :biggrin:

Seems like we picked up a couple of new players this last month, hope they stick around. I think the question selection has improved in the last couple of years.
 
Seems fun :D! Even though I'll never get any questions involving literature :x
 
Integral said:
Come on OM, it ain't that bad, I am only 7'3" (plus or minus a foot or so). :biggrin:

Seems like we picked up a couple of new players this last month, hope they stick around. I think the question selection has improved in the last couple of years.

I was thinking about this today. What are the advantages of being really tall or really short.

Short(advantage): All ceilings in all buildings are vaulted
Short(disadvantage): Been to about 30 rock concerts. Never really saw one.

Tall(advantage): I can see everything!
Tall(disadvantage): Stupid door-sills... Did a hobbit design this world?

:smile:
 
Just bumping this to the top we are still playing but it sure would be nice to get a a few more involved.
 
Matterwave said:
I be losin'...

Ya got to be quick. :smile:

Just a few notes to anyone who has never played:

Integral said:
Trivia quiz for all of you who like this sort of thing.

This is 10 timed questions. You get 100 points for each correct answer and lose 1pt for each second. The more people the better, so I am hoping we can get a good contingent playing with regularity.

There is a new game everyday, and the person at the end of the month with the most points wins!

It takes on average between 40 and 90 seconds to play each days game.

Over time you will collect fictitious money, with which you can use to buy very cool items.

So far, I've traded in my bucks for: A Mummy Cat and 3 Kittens, a Submarine, a Personal Aircraft Carrier, and a Personal UFO.