1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Getting An Internship after getting B.S. in mathematics

1. Dec 11, 2016 #1
    A few years ago, I graduated from Wheaton College with a B.S. in Mathematics; my objective is to be a mathematician in engineering that helps mechanical engineers with their mathematical/statistical modeling. Since I graduated, I have been looking for internships in Chicago: Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get one while I was in school b/c none of the ones which were available weren't in Chicago or my field of interest. So, I tried Argonne Labs, Applied Materials, and some other companies, but they all want people who are Phd candidates. So, how can I get an internship at this juncture, and what kind of engineering company will hire me? Thanks for responding.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2016 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just curious :

(1) Why do you think that mechanical engineers would need any help ?

(2) What help could you actually give when you have zero technical knowledge ?

4. Dec 11, 2016 #3
    Sorry to butt in, but you can do an MS oR PHd in COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING with a focus on Computational mechanical engineering. There are many programs like that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted