Getting Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition

In summary, the speaker is looking for a book called "Algebra 2nd edition" by Artin, an Egyptian mathematician. They have been unable to find it in any local libraries or bookshops. They ask if anyone knows of a website or institute that sells books worldwide, specifically looking for the second edition. Another person suggests trying Amazon.com or AbeBooks.com, but the speaker is unsure if they ship to Egypt.
Maths Lover
Getting Artin Book " Algebra 2nd edition "

Hello everyone ,

now , I study modern algebra from a book which is called " selected topics from group theory " , I know that all of you don't know the book ! and the reason is the author is an Egyptian Mathematician .

some of you know that I'm from Egypt , I searched for artin's book for long ! , but i didn't find it at any library or bookshop ,

Know I wonder If there is a way that Make me able to get the book , I mean : do anyone know website or institute which work on selling book for all the worlds ?

H need the second edition ,

Can anyone help ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Have you tried Amazon.com? I think they ship to Egypt. It could cost a lot, though, depending on where the seller's located.

No I didn't try amazon , because the thing that I know that amazon ship to america only !

I'll try

I understand the importance of having access to the right resources for your studies. It can be frustrating when a specific book is not available in your area. I would recommend checking online booksellers or reaching out to international bookstores to see if they can ship the book to you. You may also want to consider looking into digital versions of the book, which may be more readily available. Additionally, you could try reaching out to the author directly to see if they have any suggestions on how to obtain a copy of the book. I wish you the best of luck in your search and studies.

1. What is the purpose of the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition?

The Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition is designed to provide a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the fundamentals of algebra. It covers a wide range of topics including equations, functions, matrices, and group theory, and is suitable for both students and researchers in the field of mathematics.

2. What makes the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition different from other algebra textbooks?

The Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition stands out for its clear and intuitive approach to teaching algebra. It uses real-world examples and applications to illustrate key concepts, and its exercises and problems are designed to help readers develop a deep understanding of the subject.

3. Is the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition suitable for self-study?

Yes, the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition is ideal for self-study. It is written in a clear and engaging style, and includes numerous examples and exercises to help readers improve their understanding and problem-solving skills.

4. Can the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition be used as a reference book for researchers?

Yes, the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition is a valuable resource for researchers in the field of algebra. It covers a wide range of topics and provides a solid foundation for further research in the subject.

5. Are there any online resources available for the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition?

Yes, there are several online resources available for the Artin Book Algebra 2nd edition. These include additional exercises and solutions, as well as lecture notes and videos from the author himself. These resources can be accessed through the publisher's website or through various online platforms.