1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting graph of v(t) on oscilloscope?

1. Jul 21, 2010 #1
    how do i display a v(t) graph of a oscilloscope.

i don't have a manual for it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Here are some good primers and tutorials from Tektronix on oscilloscopes:

http://www.tek.com/learning/oscilloscopes/

Which 'scope are you working with?

4. Jul 21, 2010 #3
    its a Tektronix model TDS 210

5. Jul 21, 2010 #4
    When you say 'graph', do you mean like a stored image on the scope of a waveform? Like in digital storage scopes? Or do you mean just voltage display? I assume you are looking at some AC waveform, do you know the frequency? There is usually a BNC or two where you input the voltage, usually under ten volts AC, high voltages can damage the scope. Then you have to trigger the signal, either internally or externally and you have to have the right time base dialed in. If you are trying to display a frequency of 100 Mhz, you would need to have the time resolution at somewhere around 1 to 10 nanoseconds per sweep. If you tried to look at 100 mhz and had 1 millisecond dialed in you would just see a band of light with no signal resolved. Hope that helps.

Don, AI3N, Delaware Lehigh Amateur Radio Club, Allentown/Bethleham Pa.

6. Jul 21, 2010 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook