Getting rid of a new weather icon on my Windows 10 taskbar

In summary, to remove the new weather icon from your Windows 10 taskbar, simply right-click on the icon and select "Unpin from taskbar". This is a new feature included in the Windows 10 update and is designed to provide easy access to weather information. While you cannot currently customize the icon, it can be hidden by right-clicking and selecting "Unpin from taskbar". Removing the icon will not affect your computer's performance, and if you accidentally remove it, you can easily get it back by searching for "Weather" in the Start menu and pinning it to the taskbar.
StevieTNZ
TL;DR Summary
Windows 10 taskbar
I installed a security update for Windows 10 and now I'm stuck with this awful icon on my taskbar:
Icon-taskbar.jpg

How do I remove it?

Many thanks
Stevie

Likes davenn
Computer science news on Phys.org
StevieTNZ said:
How do I remove it?

Many thanks
Stevie
1623296932451.png

• Informative
Likes davenn, Delta2, jim mcnamara and 2 others
That did the trick. Thanks!

StevieTNZ said:
That did the trick. Thanks!

:check:

1. How can I remove the new weather icon from my Windows 10 taskbar?

The new weather icon on the Windows 10 taskbar is a feature introduced in the latest update. To remove it, simply right-click on the taskbar and uncheck the "Show weather on taskbar" option.

2. Why is the weather icon showing up on my taskbar and how can I get rid of it?

The weather icon is a new addition to the Windows 10 taskbar, designed to provide quick access to weather information. If you do not wish to see it, you can easily remove it by following the steps mentioned in the previous answer.

3. Is there a way to permanently disable the weather icon on my taskbar?

Yes, you can permanently disable the weather icon by going to the "News and Interests" settings in the taskbar. From there, you can turn off the feature or customize it to your liking.

4. Can I remove the weather icon without disabling other features on my taskbar?

Yes, you can remove the weather icon without affecting any other features on your taskbar. Simply right-click on the taskbar, go to "News and Interests" and uncheck the "Show icon and text" option.

5. How do I get rid of the weather icon on my taskbar if I don't have the latest Windows 10 update?

If you do not have the latest Windows 10 update, the weather icon will not be present on your taskbar. If you are experiencing issues with the taskbar, you can try troubleshooting the issue or updating your Windows 10 to the latest version.