Ghost Hunters

  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • #1
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does anyone else watch the Ghost Hunters show on the Sci-fi Channel? Roto-Rooter plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. I love this show. :approve:
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
174
Evo said:
Does anyone else watch the Ghost Hunters show on the Sci-fi Channel? Roto-Rooter plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. I love this show. :approve:
I've been meaning to start a thread about that show. They have sure come up in the world with their new fleet of black SUVs.

What do you think? Is this on the level? A couple of shows seem to offer proof; that is, if we knew this to be legit.
 
  • #3
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
They seem to be real. Their website has been around since 2000.

I like their approach and attitude. They seem credible.

Now on the other extreme is that "Most Haunted" series on the Travel Channel. :rolleyes: A bunch of gullible, easily frightened people and one ridiculous "psychic" that is constantly being taken over by dead people and has a dead spirit that tells him things (none of which can ever be verified). :tongue: Have you seen that show? If not it's on Friday nights at 9pm est & Pac.
 
  • #4
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
174
Evo said:
Now on the other extreme is that "Most Haunted" series on the Travel Channel. :rolleyes: A bunch of gullible, easily frightened people and one ridiculous "psychic" that is constantly being taken over by dead people and has a dead spirit that tells him things (none of which can ever be verified). :tongue: Have you seen that show? If not it's on Friday nights at 9pm est & Pac.
Yep, that one caused my bs meter to peg within about two minutes. :biggrin:
 
  • #5
35
0
Most haunted:- everywhere they go seems to be haunted & they see something everywhere, even catch it on film, it seems amazing because most people, incluyding me that go to these places notice nothing. Are these people ghost magnets? I think not. Mind you my house was supposed to be haunted. It was excorsized before we moved in, by a priest my Father knows, although the church dont like to admit they do it. However, when these previous owners have come around to collect post, and we have invited them in, the look of terror in their faces is amazing. They honestly believe it was, and the church must have thought something to risk something so damaging to themselves. However we have noticed nothing in my 15 years in this house.
 
  • #6
Evo said:
Does anyone else watch the Ghost Hunters show on the Sci-fi Channel? Roto-Rooter plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. I love this show. :approve:
They actually captured an actual ghost while in this haunted prison. They set up a camera on one part of a cell door and by accident when played back showed a white sillhoutte form walking towards it then backing away.
 
Last edited:
  • #7
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
The_Professional said:
They actually captured an actual ghost while in this haunted prison. They set up a camera on one part of a cell door and by accident when played back showed a white sillhoutte form walking towards it then backing away.
Yeah, I saw that one, it was a bit eerie, and no explanation for what was on the video could be found. It just appeared, was walking and then disappeared, on a stationary unmanned camera. You could see through it. :bugeye:
 
Last edited:
  • #8
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1,153
4
I've not seen it, but I wouldn't completely rule out CGI.
 
  • #9
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
90
what's their website's address?
 
  • #10
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
matthyaouw said:
I've not seen it, but I wouldn't completely rule out CGI.
No, these people don't try to find "ghosts", mostly they investigate a supposedly haunted place and show the people that everything has a logical explanation. They would not "fix" something to try to make it look like it was a ghost.
 
  • #11
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
827
14
:redface: I love these shows :redface: Usually I watch them alone at night too. I prefer Most Haunted because of the "dramatics", but I do like Ghost Hunters too because they try to be as objective as possible.
 
  • #12
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
174
  • #13
Evo said:
Does anyone else watch the Ghost Hunters show on the Sci-fi Channel? Roto-Rooter plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. I love this show. :approve:
I watch this show every Wednesday; in fact, it is on today! Does anybody remember when they camera man suddenly got knocked off to the ground, perhaps by an entity?
 
  • #14
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
Evo said:
The_Professional said:
They actually captured an actual ghost while in this haunted prison. They set up a camera on one part of a cell door and by accident when played back showed a white sillhoutte form walking towards it then backing away.
Yeah, I saw that one, it was a bit eerie, and no explanation for what was on the video could be found. It just appeared, was walking and then disappeared, on a stationary unmanned camera. You could see through it. :bugeye:
Oooh, tonight they are returning to the prison to re-investigate that apparition. :approve:
 
  • #15
111
0
what channel is it on, i wonder if i could get it in canada?

If these apparitions are real is there a way to describe them using physics or science? energy?
these kids of things remind me of arthur c clarkes space oydessys when dave bowman becomes the star child
 
  • #16
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
Do you get the Sci-Fi channel?

Speaking of SUCKY CABLE TV, mine isn't working AGAIN. I finally managed to get through to their repair number (it was busy for 30 minutes), now I am on hold waiting to speak to someone and it's telling me that hold time will be in excess of one hour. And they have the nerve to play commercials suggesting I also switch my home telephone and internet to them!!! ARE THEY NUTS!?!?!? Sure, why not have ALL of my services go dead once a week. :mad: :grumpy: :devil:

edit: 10:33pm and the cable company finally picked up. I've been on hold almost three hours. :grumpy: They said, oh yeah, we've got a MAJOR computer glitch that we can't fix, it keeps shutting people's service off. I know, this is the second time in the past couple of weeks. :devil:
 
Last edited:
  • #17
111
0
not sure i get a channel called "space" maybes its on that heh. We have this one show called creepy canada about people that claim there houses or mainy retaurants are haunted. Some are really convincing especially when the whole staff has witnesses it. They say the air will suddenly get cold and when the confron the spirit the air will get warm again. They also claiim certain objects move and hearing there names call all the usual events that take palce in ghost storys
 
  • #18
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
5,066
6
I just saw this show (two episodes) last night. I couldn't help laugh and cry at the same time. I will say that I tried very hard to put on my non-critical thinking cap when we watched this show. I really did try. However, I had to give up. This has got to be the biggest load of crap on the airwaves (next to Oprah and Jerry Springer). I have no doubt that these guys never grew up past 13.

Granted, they have some nice equipment and shiny new SUV's that look like they got them from the Fab 5 on A&E, but that's it. Their methods are atrocious and they never came to a logical conclusion.

For example, one "investigation" involved a woman and her boyfriend's new home in CT. The guy supposedly got pushed down the stairs and his finger cut while he slept. After all of the "did you hear that?" and "did you feel that?" lines, they said they had nothing in terms of ghot-ie readings from their ghostometers, video or anything else. They did have a recording of a sound they said was a coughing. They then came to the conclusion that the house was DEFINITELY posessed. There were so many other holes in the stories that it was obviously the campfire ghost stories repackaged.

If I wasn't laughing so hard about the two Roto Rooter guys fixing a toilet and getting a call on the bat phone scenario they had going, I would have been pretty mad that I wasted my time. My wife thought it was hillarious though. She can't wait for the next show.
 
Last edited:
  • #19
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
FredGarvin said:
I just saw this show (two episodes) last night.
Come on Fred, it's a fun show. I love it! Now Watch "Most Haunted" on The Travel Channel on Friday night. Just don't hurt me after you watch it. I'll bet you won't be able to sit through ten minutes of it. :tongue:
 
  • #20
The torch that got flicked off from that guy's hands was pretty creepy though.
 
  • #21
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
174
I agree with the Bat phone business - they get pretty corny. And the science ranges from bad to atrocious. But then they're plumbers, not scientist. Perhaps Fred should join TAPS and help straighten them out. :biggrin:

To me the only question is whether or not they fake any of it. If not then they have gotten a few amazing things on tape. But of course we have no way to know so I chalk it up to fun.
 
  • #22
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
5,066
6
I will admit, we did have quite a few good laughs watching the show. I really would like to think that the paranormal is not a bunch of hooey. I think though that this show is definitely not helping the paranormal cause. We're going to Tivo the next episode because the preview looked so scary and interesting (i.e. funny).
 
  • #23
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
827
14
Evo said:
Do you get the Sci-Fi channel?

Speaking of SUCKY CABLE TV, mine isn't working AGAIN. I finally managed to get through to their repair number (it was busy for 30 minutes), now I am on hold waiting to speak to someone and it's telling me that hold time will be in excess of one hour. And they have the nerve to play commercials suggesting I also switch my home telephone and internet to them!!! ARE THEY NUTS!?!?!? Sure, why not have ALL of my services go dead once a week. :mad: :grumpy: :devil:

edit: 10:33pm and the cable company finally picked up. I've been on hold almost three hours. :grumpy: They said, oh yeah, we've got a MAJOR computer glitch that we can't fix, it keeps shutting people's service off. I know, this is the second time in the past couple of weeks. :devil:
i would be very upset! cable is my main form of entertainment being a new mom and all
:smile:

getting ready to watch last nights episode, we rent a DVR so I don't have to miss it! :tongue2:
 
  • #24
Leah
I would like to watch this show, too. I'll check it out on a t.v. nearest me! Dimensional Beings are ghosts? I'd like to hear your thoughts on that! Thanks, Leah
 
  • #25
Evo
Mentor
23,104
2,454
I don't see any mention of dimensional beings. The thread is about a fun show with roto router plumbers.
 

Related Threads for: Ghost Hunters

  • Last Post
Replies
16
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
2K
Replies
56
Views
11K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
13
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
462
Top