Gift idea for chemistry teacher?

In summary: Gifting music is a little dicey unless you know for sure its something someone hasn't had time to get for themselves. A gift card to a music store or video store might be better if music or entertainment is the intent.
loom91
Hi,

I used to take private tutions in chemistry from a researcher in inorganic reaction mechanism (55 years old). What do you think will be a suitable inexpensive parting gift to give to him? Last year I gave him Clayden, Greeves, Warren and Warthous's Organic Chemistry. Thanks for your help.

Molu

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Volunteer @ his research lab and show interest in his research? lol

Not a bad option really, but I'll be going away to IIT Kharagpur for my graduation (he stays in Kolkata).

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/sciencemath/2891/

TheStatutoryApe said:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/sciencemath/2891/

The idea of him wearing a tee is extremely funny :rofl:

http://giftsforengineers.com/137/bmz_cache/3/3c06020dceb3252e90dddb4ab174d65c.image.229x550.jpg
Periodic socks

http://giftsforengineers.com/137/images/coffee.jpg

Caffeine Tie

A free copy of grand theft auto 4 including an xbox 360 home entertainment system.
An appointment with Jiffy Lube (the auto company).
A polka-dot bow tie.
A sticker of spongebob squarepants.
An appointment with Jiffy Lube (the auto company).

Okay, how about some serious suggestions now?

You can't go wrong with a gift certificate, although it's a little impersonal. How about dinner for 2 at his favourite restaurant, or movie passes, or a round of golf? Just because chemistry is the guy's vocation doesn't mean that he has no life.

Danger said:
You can't go wrong with a gift certificate, although it's a little impersonal. How about dinner for 2 at his favourite restaurant, or movie passes, or a round of golf? Just because chemistry is the guy's vocation doesn't mean that he has no life.

That's right ; give him something that's chemistry related e.g. something from the Discovery website and also something that's pertains to his personal hobbies e.g. a golf club .

http://www.brew-winemaking.com/productimages/4644.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking I'll give him classical CDs. He loves Mozart, but not Beethoven. What would you suggest? I was thinking Chopin.

loom91 said:
I'm thinking I'll give him classical CDs. He loves Mozart, but not Beethoven. What would you suggest? I was thinking Chopin.

Gifting music is a little dicey unless you know for sure its something someone hasn't had time to get for themselves. A gift card to a music store or video store might be better if music or entertainment is the intent.

If they like to cook, applied chemistry in the kitchen, perhaps a collection of exotic sea salts? It's surprising the range of tastes available in the NaCl in the black and grays and pink salts. It might peak the experimental side of culinary application - that is unless they are a fast food person - then back to plan A.

1. What are some unique gift ideas for a chemistry teacher?

Some unique gift ideas for a chemistry teacher include personalized chemistry-themed items such as mugs, t-shirts, or keychains, a chemistry set or experiment kit, a chemistry-themed board game or puzzle, or a gift certificate for a local science museum or bookstore.

2. Are there any practical gifts that a chemistry teacher would appreciate?

Yes, there are many practical gifts that a chemistry teacher would appreciate. Some ideas include a high-quality lab coat, safety goggles, a periodic table wall poster, or a set of high-quality chemistry textbooks.

3. How can I incorporate humor into a gift for a chemistry teacher?

There are many ways to incorporate humor into a gift for a chemistry teacher. You could give them a funny chemistry-themed joke book or a novelty mug with a chemistry pun. You could also make a homemade card with chemistry jokes or create a chemistry-themed meme or cartoon.

4. What are some budget-friendly gift options for a chemistry teacher?

If you are on a budget, you can still find great gift options for a chemistry teacher. Some budget-friendly ideas include homemade treats or baked goods with a chemistry theme, a personalized thank-you note or card, or a small gift card to a local coffee shop or bookstore.

5. Are there any gifts that would be suitable for a chemistry teacher of any age or gender?

Yes, there are many gifts that would be suitable for a chemistry teacher of any age or gender. Some ideas include a subscription to a science magazine or journal, a chemistry-themed phone case or laptop sticker, or a set of high-quality lab equipment or glassware.