Gods Lego, what are the chances?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the Big Bang and how it produced particles that perfectly create matter. The possibility of other universes with different properties is also brought up, with some disagreement among the physics community. The idea of a "fine tuned universe" is mentioned as well, but due to PF rules, the discussion is closed.
Rcbs
Not sure if this is the right category but...

Protons, electrons and neutrons, the perfect building blocks for matter. How does physics explain that of all the things that could explode out of the Big Bang, we got the perfect Lego blocks for creation? Is there a point of view on this? Is it the many worlds interpretation? Is it the simple answer that had they not we would not be here to reflect on it? If so is that really an explanation?

Be interested to hear your thoughts :-)

Professional animator and not physicist.

Rcbs.

Physics news on Phys.org
All I can say is that we don't know. We can only assume, and this far, the Big Bang has made the most sense to me. The fact is that nobody is right or wrong at this moment. It's like Schrodinger's Cat.

Thanks Joseph.

Seems likely that the Big Bang happened. Just seems incredible ot me that of all the things that it could have produced, it produced particles which just happen to have unimaginable properties that perfectly create matter. The chances seem incalculable. Do we just say chance?

So you say that it is incredible that our universe has so many interesting properties (such as being able to create matter).

This is true. But the point is that we only know about one universe. Maybe other universes also have (very different) interesting properties? And if you were to live in that universe (in some form), then you woulg think that that universe is the only possible one that is so interesting.

Absolutely micromass. So we are assuming many worlds? I was always under the impression that that theory was not widely liked by the physics community. I personally have no issues with it and agree it would explain a lot. Just seems like an incredible waste of energy creating trillions of universes for every possible potential. How does that fit in with conservation of energy?

According to Hawking, there may be universes being born all the time. Some of them survive, and some don't.

Interesting Joseph, I wonder if there is any evidence for this, either indirect or mathematical?

You should watch "Into the Universe" with Steven Hawking. It covers this topic and a bunch of others like aliens and the properties of spacetime.

Rcbs, this concept is called the "fine tuned universe". A list of references with more information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-tuned_Universe

However, it is against PF rules to mix science and religion, so I am closing this thread.

1. What is "Gods Lego" and why is it significant?

"Gods Lego" refers to the theory that the universe was created by a divine being or higher power using a set of predetermined rules or building blocks, similar to how a person would build with Lego bricks. This theory is significant because it raises questions about the origins of the universe and the role of a higher power in its creation.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of "Gods Lego"?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the theory of "Gods Lego." The concept of a divine being creating the universe using predetermined rules is not testable or falsifiable, which are key principles in the scientific method. Therefore, it falls outside the realm of science and remains a matter of faith or belief.

3. Can the concept of "Gods Lego" coexist with the theory of evolution?

Yes, the concept of "Gods Lego" can coexist with the theory of evolution. Many religious individuals believe in a higher power or divine being who created the universe and its laws, while also accepting the scientific evidence for evolution and the natural development of life on Earth.

4. How does the idea of "Gods Lego" differ from other creation theories?

The concept of "Gods Lego" differs from other creation theories in that it suggests a divine being or higher power purposely created the universe using predetermined rules or building blocks. Other creation theories may propose different means of creation, such as the Big Bang Theory or Intelligent Design.

5. Can the concept of "Gods Lego" be proven or disproven?

No, the concept of "Gods Lego" cannot be proven or disproven through scientific means. As mentioned before, it falls outside the realm of science and remains a matter of faith or belief. However, individuals may have personal experiences or philosophical arguments that support or refute this concept, but they cannot be objectively proven or disproven.