1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going from a GRE Math of 700 to 800

Tags:
  1. Aug 2, 2010 #1
    I scored a 700 mainly due to lack of speed and being stumped by 1-3 relatively difficult questions on number theory - the rest is due to genuine lack of facility in math. Most preparation materials don't include the more difficult questions.

I have 10 days, on vacation, to prepare. This is my planned regimen. Please tell me how I can make it more efficient and effective.

Every day:
    ETS MATH Review for Practicing to Take the GRE
    GRE for Dummies (math only)
    Peterson's Mastering the GRE (MAth section only)
    ETS Practicing to take the GRE General Test math only
    Cliffnotes Math Review for standardized tests
    GMAT math section
    Princeton Review GRE Math Subject Test: number theory, sets, combinatorics only
    GRE Math Prep Course (Nova's GRE Prep Course)
    Kaplan GRE Exam Math Workbook
    McGraw-Hill's GRE

PowerPrep Test 2, and Math Practice as well as Barron's 3 Sample Tests

Review Barrons again
    Review Princeton Review again

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2010 #2
    I one comment to make on that. Why practice for the GMAT? Practicing for the GRE should be enough. Good luck!

4. Aug 2, 2010 #3
    Because GMAT math problems are tougher compared to the GRE. ALmost all GRE study guides significantly underestimate the difficulty of today's problems.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook