Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good books on superclusters and voids?

1. Mar 3, 2014 #1
    good books on superclusters and voids??

I have been searching for a good undergraduate to advanced level book on galaxy clusters , dark matter , superclusters and voids and I have yet to find any.

I have found however the scientific American library book " the dark matter and cosmic web story" but I am hesitant to purchase it is expensive and I do not know if it is more of an historical book or a book for study.

I am looking for a good book that will give me the equations , data and necessary study on the subjects. Not just an overview of the subject for the lay person.

I was really looking for studies on the sloan great wall super cluster , voids , the cosmic web ( large scale structure ) just basically what the title of the thread states.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It's quite likely such a book does not exist. It takes time to write one, and these are all subjects of active study. Interested people are reading journals at this stage, not books.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook