Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good movies of simultaneous ball drop/thrown?

1. Nov 1, 2011 #1
    We're teaching about X vs. Y motion, and I'd really love to show like a strobe movie of a ball being dropped versus thrown horizontally...or even just the one thrown horizontally.

We TELL students the X-motion is independent and constant, but "seeing is believing"

I found some pictures on the internet, but does anyone know of a movie clip showing this?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2011 #2
    my teacher says too that y axis force does not affect x axis, but, why is pushing something heavier than the other harder?
    i checked up that weight does in fact affect friction. why are they lying? lol

4. Nov 2, 2011 #3
    Mythbusters did this with bullets dropped vs.fired. All I found on Youtube was an extremely short cut from the episode that leaves out most of the good stuff. The whole thing is on netflix though, if you have a subscription.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook