1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good movies of simultaneous ball drop/thrown?

1. Nov 1, 2011 #1
    We're teaching about X vs. Y motion, and I'd really love to show like a strobe movie of a ball being dropped versus thrown horizontally...or even just the one thrown horizontally.

We TELL students the X-motion is independent and constant, but "seeing is believing"

I found some pictures on the internet, but does anyone know of a movie clip showing this?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2011 #2
    my teacher says too that y axis force does not affect x axis, but, why is pushing something heavier than the other harder?
    i checked up that weight does in fact affect friction. why are they lying? lol

4. Nov 2, 2011 #3
    Mythbusters did this with bullets dropped vs.fired. All I found on Youtube was an extremely short cut from the episode that leaves out most of the good stuff. The whole thing is on netflix though, if you have a subscription.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook