Good movies of simultaneous ball drop/thrown?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Head_Unit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ball Movies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Head_Unit
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
We're teaching about X vs. Y motion, and I'd really love to show like a strobe movie of a ball being dropped versus thrown horizontally...or even just the one thrown horizontally.

We TELL students the X-motion is independent and constant, but "seeing is believing"

I found some pictures on the internet, but does anyone know of a movie clip showing this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
my teacher says too that y-axis force does not affect x axis, but, why is pushing something heavier than the other harder?
i checked up that weight does in fact affect friction. why are they lying? lol
 
Mythbusters did this with bullets dropped vs.fired. All I found on Youtube was an extremely short cut from the episode that leaves out most of the good stuff. The whole thing is on netflix though, if you have a subscription.