GPA Requirements for Grad Schools in Astrophysics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
tresty
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi,

(I'm not too sure where to post this but this seems to be the most suitable place. Apologies if I am wrong.)

If I am majoring Astrophysics and applying to grad schools, is my Math gpa an important factor in addition to my Physics gpa , Astronomy gpa and cumulative gpa? If so, how important is it and what is the approximate minimum gpa I should be attaining if I wanted to apply to top tier schools?

It seems to me that Math gpa is always related to Physics gpa, but I'm not too sure if it is considered as my "major" gpa.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your "Major GPA" is usually, if not always, the GPA for the major coursework on your degree contract.

It may also be interpreted as "all courses taken in your major area".

Most of the grad schools I dealt with were interested in cumulative, major, and last-60.