1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grade 11 Physics: Motion project help/ideas?

1. Sep 6, 2012 #1
    Hi guys, This might seem like a rather ambiguous question but I have a physics project on motion that I need to do. It is rather a big project accounting for a weighting of around 15-17% of my total year mark.

Now heres the thing I need to find something to investigate/experiment with regarding motion but, I am stuck on Motion investigation Ideas. So If anyone could help me in choosing an idea related to motion for my project it will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

-SydDF I'm β than you. I catch fish with my Ʃ

P.S. If I have posted in the wrong sub forum, sorry for an inconvenience.

Edit: An experiment of medium difficulty would suffice

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2012 #2
    ball rolling down a slope? on differant surfaces to see the affect friction has on motion???? sorry im not much of a physics wizz but it popped into my head thought it may or may not help

4. Sep 6, 2012 #3
    Hmm thank you for that but that would be rather too simple for my teacher. Besides my friend in class alredy did a similiar project to friction but instead used viscosity and density of liquids acting on a block, moving down a slope.

Any other suggestions? ^_^ (At the moment i can't really think of any motion related material because I just finished the heating and cooling topic for this term)

5. Sep 6, 2012 #4
    Can you build a perpetual motion machine?

6. Sep 6, 2012 #5
    You mean something that endlessly continues motion without loss of energy? Such as a newtons cradle?

7. Sep 6, 2012 #6
    sure, theres other things you can do as well im sure, but you could get all crafty and technical and make one, might take some time though

8. Sep 6, 2012 #7
    everyone loves that drinking bird thing.

9. Sep 6, 2012 #8
    Yes thankyou hayley I am looking into this idea currently right now. Thank you so much.

Reminds of that simpsons episode where Homer is too lazy to press the Y key on his keyboard and uses that drinking birdy thingy.

Anyways if you or anyone still have more ideas, dont be afraid to spill them here.

10. Sep 6, 2012 #9
    np glad i could help on some way :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook