Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Grade 11 Physics: Motion project help/ideas?

1. Sep 6, 2012 #1
    Hi guys, This might seem like a rather ambiguous question but I have a physics project on motion that I need to do. It is rather a big project accounting for a weighting of around 15-17% of my total year mark.

Now heres the thing I need to find something to investigate/experiment with regarding motion but, I am stuck on Motion investigation Ideas. So If anyone could help me in choosing an idea related to motion for my project it will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

-SydDF I'm β than you. I catch fish with my Ʃ

P.S. If I have posted in the wrong sub forum, sorry for an inconvenience.

Edit: An experiment of medium difficulty would suffice

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2012 #2
    ball rolling down a slope? on differant surfaces to see the affect friction has on motion???? sorry im not much of a physics wizz but it popped into my head thought it may or may not help

4. Sep 6, 2012 #3
    Hmm thank you for that but that would be rather too simple for my teacher. Besides my friend in class alredy did a similiar project to friction but instead used viscosity and density of liquids acting on a block, moving down a slope.

Any other suggestions? ^_^ (At the moment i can't really think of any motion related material because I just finished the heating and cooling topic for this term)

5. Sep 6, 2012 #4
    Can you build a perpetual motion machine?

6. Sep 6, 2012 #5
    You mean something that endlessly continues motion without loss of energy? Such as a newtons cradle?

7. Sep 6, 2012 #6
    sure, theres other things you can do as well im sure, but you could get all crafty and technical and make one, might take some time though

8. Sep 6, 2012 #7
    everyone loves that drinking bird thing.

9. Sep 6, 2012 #8
    Yes thankyou hayley I am looking into this idea currently right now. Thank you so much.

Reminds of that simpsons episode where Homer is too lazy to press the Y key on his keyboard and uses that drinking birdy thingy.

Anyways if you or anyone still have more ideas, dont be afraid to spill them here.

10. Sep 6, 2012 #9
    np glad i could help on some way :)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook