1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gradients and linear transport

1. Jan 29, 2016 #1
    So I have NO IDEA how to do this problem. Im assuming it has to do with linear transport because thats the next section in the book but we have yet to talk about this in lab and briefly (one slide) discussed this in lecture. I tried reading in my book which was did no good as it just showed how to derive the linear transport equation for different materials such as liquids and heat. I literally dont know what to do with this problem.....

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2016 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I feel you can show more effort. Which image do you think will have the fastest flow, if any? Why do you think that?

4. Jan 29, 2016 #3
    i dont know because i thought flow rate was constant. no i cant show more effort, ive been staring at this problem for two hours now, googling, and flipping through my textbook and i still have a blank sheet of paper. As i stated, i dont know anything about linear transport so i dont know how to do this problem

5. Jan 29, 2016 #4

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

So the flow would continue when the levels are equal?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted