• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Programs Graduate programs in Field Theory (PhD)

Hello everyone,

Upon my comment on the insight "Applying for Physics Graduate School - Comments", Mr. Bill (bhobba) suggested that I need to write an individual post regarding my inquiry.

I am looking for physics graduate programs (PhD). My senior project/thesis was on classical field theory and the subject really touched me, I am not sure what branch of physics I should do my graduate studies on, but I am leaning toward theoretical QFT and QED based on my previous experience.
I would appreciate a supervisor with a rigorous approach to the physical problems (Not mathematical physics)

There are a lot of universities out there, and I am not sure where to apply to. I would appreciate your suggestions and comments regarding the matter.

Your description is a little bit vague... your best bet might be to find papers that you are interested in, and look up the programs in which they were published.