1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphing Displacement Difficulties

1. Sep 7, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Here's a graph of displacement it wants me to make: http://s15.postimg.org/7v1x5najv/graph.png. I tried that graph in the picture as the answer but it didn't accept it. There are no numbers or specifics for Figure 1 they give you, so I'm confused on what to do. Very strange, any help would be much appreciated because I'm really blanking. I believe I've provided everything, but let me know if not!

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2014 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I cant make heads or tails of this. You haven't said what, exactly, the problem is, what the initial upward speed or initial height was or what you graph is supposed to be. I looks like you have straight lines between the calculated points. Of course that is wrong but are you able to draw a smooth parabola through those points?

4. Sep 7, 2014 #3

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The relevant equations will help you find the right numbers.

Are you aware that you are asking for help without telling what numers you entered ? If you want further assistance, use the template first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted