Gravitational Field of a Spinning Mass: Exploring the Math

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
John_Doe
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I have obtained Kerr's paper, "Gravitational Field Of A Spinning Mass As An Example Of Algebraically Special Metrics", and was wondering if someone would be able to provide an explanation of the mathematics, or at least some direction in which I should investigate in order to learn the mathematics myself. Any help would be great.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
John_Doe said:
I have obtained Kerr's paper, "Gravitational Field Of A Spinning Mass As An Example Of Algebraically Special Metrics", and was wondering if someone would be able to provide an explanation of the mathematics, or at least some direction in which I should investigate in order to learn the mathematics myself. Any help would be great.

If you have no background in general relativity or differential geometry, then page 1 of https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805386629/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by James Hartle is a good place to start.

If you have a background in GR and differential geometry, then https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1568810199/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Barrett O'Neill has some interesting stuff.

Regards,
George
 
Last edited by a moderator: