Gravitational Machines: Ideas & Designs

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a gravitational machine and whether it is possible to create one that can manipulate the force of gravity. One person has a design for a machine that interacts with warped spacetime, while another has a larger machine that creates an effect indistinguishable from gravity. However, the possibility of such a machine is questioned and the importance of doing research on the subject is emphasized. The conversation ends with the suggestion to learn more about gravity before attempting to create a gravitational machine.
rediondragon
Does anyone have any good ideas and designs of a gravitational machine. I have one, but I still need to study some other things before I start experimenting on the subject.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by a gravitational machine?
I have one as well, it sits on my desk and by cleverly interacting with the warped spacetime around Earth stops papers blowing away!

mgb_phys said:
What do you mean by a gravitational machine?
I have one as well, it sits on my desk and by cleverly interacting with the warped spacetime around Earth stops papers blowing away!
:rofl:

[ ten chars ]

I have one too; I use it every day. It's not nearly as compact as yours - this one's big enough to stand in! When activated, it creates an effect that is indistinguishable from gravity. Without looking out a window, there's no experiment you can do that will tell you whether you're under the influence of gravity, or under the influence of the machine.

Also, whenever I step out of it, it has magically transported me from the street to my office.

Last edited:
DaveC426913 said:
:rofl:

[ ten chars ]

I have one too; I use it every day. It's not nearly as compact as yours - this one's big enough to stand in! When activated, it creates an effect that is indistinguishable from gravity. Without looking out a window, there's no experiment you can do that will tell you whether you're under the influence of gravity, or under the influence of the machine.

Also, whenever I step out of it, it has magically transported me from the street to my office.
:uhh: utter lies. i have a graviton coupling constant meter so i can easily tell whether it's your machine or gravity.

DaveC426913 said:
When activated, it creates an effect that is indistinguishable from gravity.
Did you get the relativistic version, with go-faster 'superluminal motion' stripes? :rofl:

Last edited:
:grumpy:I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitational pull

Last edited:
rediondragon said:
:grumpy:I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitation pull

sorry no such thing exists

rediondragon said:
I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitational pull

:confused::confused:

I came up with a design but i will not experiment until futher reserch...

rediondragon said:

what is your design

rediondragon said:
Does anyone have any good ideas and designs of a gravitational machine. I have one, but I still need to study some other things before I start experimenting on the subject.

rediondragon said:
:grumpy:I mean a machine that increases or decreases gravitational pull

ice109 said:
sorry no such thing exists

rediondragon said:

The problem is that once you have done the "further research" you will have nothing left to experiment on!

HallsofIvy said:
The problem is that once you have done the "further research" you will have nothing left to experiment on!

hey now being close minded never got anyone anywhere, he should talk about what he's done :wink:

sorry but i can't share the designs right now because if I did and if this machine of mine works than someone could take credit for it... anyways i just needed some ideas for my machine... I have not build it yet for the reason that I can learn more of what i am getting into and am i going in the right direction... sorry if I am using the term research the wrong way...

Last edited:
you realize this is impossible, to do this

alright, how do I close this discussion down

do you know how gravity works? I suggest you do some research with that first before you continue. You may think you know but uh, i don't think you do.:rolleyes:

closed down

1. How do gravitational machines work?

Gravitational machines utilize the force of gravity to generate energy. This can be achieved through various mechanisms such as using falling weights, rotating disks, or pendulums.

2. What are the potential applications of gravitational machines?

Gravitational machines have the potential to power a variety of devices and systems, including generators, vehicles, and even entire cities. They can also be used for energy storage and to supplement other renewable energy sources.

3. Are gravitational machines a source of renewable energy?

Yes, gravitational machines are considered a form of renewable energy as they rely on the constant force of gravity and do not deplete any natural resources.

4. What are some challenges in designing and building gravitational machines?

One challenge is ensuring the stability and reliability of the machine, as any malfunctions can result in potentially dangerous situations. Another challenge is optimizing the efficiency of the machine to generate the most energy possible.

5. Are there any real-world examples of functioning gravitational machines?

Yes, there are several examples of gravitational machines currently in use, such as hydroelectric dams, which use the force of gravity to generate electricity from falling water. There are also ongoing research and development projects for other types of gravitational machines.