1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Green's functions, F/Laplace Transforms, and Boundary conditions

1. Feb 20, 2012 #1
    I'm having a ton of trouble understanding how to solve diff eqs by using fourier or laplace transforms to solve for the green's function, with boundary conditions included. I can understand the basics of green's function solutions, especially if transforms are not needed, but my textbook seems like its spitting out voodoo magic whenever it uses transforms. I can't find many clear online resources either. Could anyone point me to some online resource that explains this and hopefully has some really basic examples, because right now I don't even know where to start.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2012 #2

fluidistic

Gold Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Green function methods to solve PDE is a total blackout for me. I don't even know if using a Fourier or Laplace transform can solve a PDE that involves the Laplacian operator (in 2 or 3 dimensions). So I'll be following this thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook