GTA: San Andreas and psychological consequences

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Monique said:
My bf is addicted, I can't get him out behind of that game :cry: is it really that addictive?
Yah... its that addictive. Best bet is to break up with him. Heres my number...:wink:

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Is it more addictive than PF?
I find myself constantly coming back to PF after a while of leaving to check the new posts :D but i do leave...

In GTA, its just... play play play play, nonstop, cant stop, WONT STOP!

Monique said:
My bf is addicted, I can't get him out behind of that game :cry: is it really that addictive?
Did you try taking off your clothes and blocking the TV?

Be creative and you'll get him away from it. :biggrin:

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Smurf said:

wouldnt work for me.. its THAT powerful....

I don't believe you. You're telling me there's absolutely no way a girl could get you away from that video game without getting violent? Don't believe you for a second, you just have no imagination. That just makes it easier for her to do it to you because you'll be surprised.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
I find myself constantly coming back to PF after a while of leaving to check the new posts :D but i do leave...

In GTA, its just... play play play play, nonstop, cant stop, WONT STOP!
That sounds familiar, the game plan now is that my bf will play play play play, nonstop, and when he finally finishes the game: never touch the x-box again. Ofcourse I don't agree and think it would be nice if he could do some other stuff in between (he literally sits down at 7 pm and plays until 2 am.. everyday, unless he has to cook).

Smurf said:

That does work, for a while, until withdrawal kicks in: "must.. play.. gta.." :bugeye:

i think it is not a problem of video games creating a violent society but rather the converse. We are constantly bobarded with images of war and violence in the news and on TV, video games are only a side effect of that.

why is it that movies such as Saving Private Ryan can be shown on Cable TV were people ahve there heads blown off and entrails hanging out when one nipple could condem a show. What is the sense of that?! Is a constant portrayal of violent deaths better than a nipple, a piece of the human body?

not saying that movies are moraly wrong, this stuff hapens in real life, but that it is unfair to put the blame on vidio games andunfair that some things are deep ok when others are forbiden by censors.