1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guidance/advice required for engineering Physics involving scope and career

1. Engineering physics is a very successful degree.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, Don't do engineering Physics. Go for mechanical relelated degree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Do great in engineering physics and then choose a specialized master's degree.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Apr 6, 2012 #1
    I will be studying Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering Physics in Germany.

I wanted to ask the scope of this degree ? I have excelled knowledge in Physics and have at times impressed my physics teachers in A Levels with things they were not aware of.

However, I have always wanted to go towards Mechanical (Megatronics, automobile etc) field.
    But after few searches on this forum and internet, I feel Engineering Physics is quite better and has a better caliber than mechanical engineering.

Now I wanted some guidance, I wish to know, where can I see myself after doing Engineering Physics -- ? Or where should I opt for masters to have a successful career. I wish to involve in industry as I already have a BASF Chemical Company internship. Where should I lead with my Engineering Physics degree which would best serve my interest and knowledge (aeronautical, megatronics,mechanical,nanotechnology ??)

Thanks you

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted