1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guide for career in gravity and cosmology

1. May 28, 2015 #1
    Hi, i am first year in physics graduation. At first I thought study of strings, but over time realize a large uncertainty in the area and my attention turned to the area of cosmology and gravity. I want to know any tips and books to start studying gravity and cosmology and because string theory is a area so uncertain.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2015 #2
    Why the rush in specializing? With only a year of physics done you only have a tiny slice of what is out there. When you are a senior you can start evaluating what you might want to specialize in.

4. May 28, 2015 #3
    Because in the next semester I already have the opportunity to start a small research along with my university professor of area I choose.

5. May 28, 2015 #4
    Sounds like good experience for an under grad either way.

6. May 28, 2015 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

We may have a language problem here. "Physics graduation" is not a native English term, at least not in the US. Which degree are you starting: bachelor's, master's or doctorate?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook