Guys only, people who are in college living with yourself

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
Heck yes they do! I boil them if the grill is out of commission. :biggrin:

I guess it's time to admit my aversion to the microwave. I've never liked them and will always condemn their use for anything other than frying CDs.
Eh, I don't like them boiled very much. I guess I used to but not really anymore. I understand about microwave aversion. It does really ruin the quality of almost everything. There's just no denying the time-saving of it though.

Here's a living alone tip: Buy a toaster-oven. Cook your single pork chop or your single cupcake or whatever in it. Good for frozen chicken nuggets too. And melting cheese on toast. It's a lot more efficient than heating up a whole giant stove for one little thing. Plus it's easier to monitor your food to make sure it doesn't burn. Also less clean up. Just a really handy cooking appliance.

I love spaghettios. I just don't love how you abuse them.
Adding hot dogs is abuse? You don't like hot dogs?

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Adding hot dogs is abuse? You don't like hot dogs?
I like hot dogs... it's just...

you're not doing it right, let's just leave it at that!

Dembadon
Gold Member

Here's a living alone tip: Buy a toaster-oven. ...
Best advice in the whole thread. :approve:

Are you bad? Do you make Kraft macaroni and cheese and mix in spaghetios and slices of grilled hot-dogs? If not, I'll bet you'll try it this weekend. :devil:
Ew no. why would I mix orange cheesy food with red tomato-ey food? I'm perfectly happy putting more microwaved hot dogs into my kraft mac n cheese and leaving it at that. (Okay sometimes I add real cheese, but that's it.)

And just in case you're wondering, on the third nights YES I EAT RAMEN.

I like hot dogs... it's just...

you're not doing it right, let's just leave it at that!
Because I microwave them or because I put them in my spaghettiO's? I NEED TO KNOW! :eek:

turbo
Gold Member
Ew no. why would I mix orange cheesy food with red tomato-ey food? I'm perfectly happy putting more microwaved hot dogs into my kraft mac n cheese and leaving it at that. (Okay sometimes I add real cheese, but that's it.)

And just in case you're wondering, on the third nights YES I EAT RAMEN.
Oh, sure! You say that now... I have seen so many incidents of food-abuse...

turbo
Gold Member
I have a show under contract. Is "Food CSI". I hope there will be guns and tussles, though none fatal to me. ;)

Note: bribe writers.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
Also, why is this guys only :confused:
well, duh, obviously females are never single and can't cook (because they're always being taken out to eat).

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Because I microwave them or because I put them in my spaghettiO's? I NEED TO KNOW! :eek:
because you put them in spaghettios!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't understand why would you thaw raw meat (that maens red raw) in cola? blood + cola = death?? why is it bad that I put the meat in the microwave? The bones aren't metallic? I mean okay it's like 1% iron?

Hepth
Gold Member
I don't understand why would you thaw raw meat (that maens red raw) in cola? blood + cola = death?? why is it bad that I put the meat in the microwave? The bones aren't metallic? I mean okay it's like 1% iron?
You don't drink the cola after....Im sure the acidity helps tenderize the meat while the syrup/sugar sweetens it a little. Just a cheap marinade.

You can cook raw meat in the microwave but its horrible.

I also condone microwaved hotdogs in the kraft mac'n'cheeze.

Or put frozen broccoli in with velveeta sheels and cheese. Both amazing.