James1238765
- 120
- 8
@PeterDonis Can you give a similarly straight answer for the question i posed in #20?
"Do. Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Do. Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
The Schrödinger style approach does not even exist for quantum field theory. QFT is not the same as non-relativistic QM. That's why many QFT texts start with the path integral approach. The other common approach to QFT is canonical quantization, which is where the term "second quantization" that @DrClaude used comes from. But that's not the Schrödinger approach either.James1238765 said:I am not familiar with the details of path integral approach, if it's equivalent then I shall just stick to the Schrödinger style wave/field function approach.
I could, but I won't, because I think you would be better served by taking the huge hint I have already given you (in the question I asked in post #24) and figuring it out for yourself.James1238765 said:Can you give a similarly straight answer for the question i posed in #20?
If you are referring to the equivalence in non-relativistic QM between the Heisenberg and Schrödinger pictures, no, that does not exist in QFT either.James1238765 said:another equivalent formulations is the operator Heisenberg picture, right?
That's not a good description of what one is doing when discretizing a continuum theory.James1238765 said:discretising (ie removing all the theory and leaving pure numbers and artihmetic)
It's obvious, why one needs to explain a toy model when looking at your struggeling with it: It's to teach the next generation of physicists about the methodology how to tackle real-world QFT, and indeed QCD is a pretty delicate subject. So it's good to first study simple toy models first. As already Platon knew, there's no king's way to the wisdom. You have to go the whole way from the beginning to the end. There's no shortcut, and indeed you should learn physics from good text books and then from physics papers rather than from youtube videos!James1238765 said:@PeterDonis the model is a toy model. I do not see how 100 years of QFT is needed to explain a toy model.
This is true, and the answer to the question I asked you in post #24 will help to clarify this. (Hint: "adjacent times" are "adjacent cells", in the time direction on the lattice.)James1238765 said:the time evolution is always defined in the end in terms of how ##\Phi## interacts between adjacent cells or adjacent times.