Happy New Year from Athens/Greece: Seek Knowledge in 2021!

In summary: P.S.For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!In summary, Happy New Year from Athens/Greece to everyone on PF.
ChrisVer
Gold Member
Happy New Year from Athens/Greece :D

Enjoy the Knowledge of PF
Seek it in your Real Life!

Likes lisab, dlgoff, StevieTNZ and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok. But it'll be about another 9 more hours over here, before I can reciprocate, and I'll probably be asleep, so don't hold your breath.

ps. I'm eating ice cream and blueberry pancakes.

6 hours for me in Charlotte!

Currently 12.19pm 1st January in New Zealand.

StevieTNZ said:

So, what did you have for lunch, on the first day of the new year?

Best wishes to all of PF for a great 2015! :-)

OmCheeto said:
So, what did you have for lunch, on the first day of the new year?
Haven't had lunch yet. Have requested father go to KFC and get me a twister when he comes back from Wellington, though.

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy new year all members!
Seek knowledge and be kind!

P.S.
For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!

Likes lisab and Borg
StevieTNZ said:
Haven't had lunch yet. Have requested father go to KFC and get me a twister when he comes back from Wellington, though.

Never heard of such a thing.
google google google

O.M.G.

Fresh lettuce, red onion and tomato drizzled with spicy Super Charged sauce, topped with two 100% chicken breast fillet Crispy Strips, and all wrapped in a soft warmed tortilla.

I believe that might be the most delicious sounding thing I've heard of, since pizza. :oldlove:

I think I will make that for lunch tomorrow, as Wellington is a bit out of my way.

Happy 2015.
Peace, health and knowledge to all. :)

Likes lisab
OmCheeto said:
Never heard of such a thing.
google google google

O.M.G.
I believe that might be the most delicious sounding thing I've heard of, since pizza. :oldlove:

I think I will make that for lunch tomorrow, as Wellington is a bit out of my way.
This is what I normally get - http://www.kfc.co.nz/menu/twisters/pepper-mayo-twister/

Happy new year!

Shyan said:
P.S.
And probably not 2015?

berkeman said:
Best wishes to all of PF for a great 2015! :)
Evo said:
Happy New Year everyone!
I'll toast to that. Happy New Year to the PF community.

24n2loylpvof4j.jpg

Likes Evo and edward
Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite, and they're playing Mexican music to the entire neighborhood. So yeah, happy new year. I'm so excited to not have any right to peace and quiet.
From living in low income neighborhoods and working in a warehouse, I've developed the law of idiocy.
How stupid you are [itex]\propto[/itex] how much you enjoy noise.

Shyan said:

P.S.
Shyan, please disregard this for 2.5 months: Happy Nowruz!

:)

Likes ShayanJ
leroyjenkens said:
Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite, and they're playing Mexican music to the entire neighborhood. So yeah, happy new year. I'm so excited to not have any right to peace and quiet.
From living in low income neighborhoods and working in a warehouse, I've developed the law of idiocy.
How stupid you are [itex]\propto[/itex] how much you enjoy noise.
Yeah, I've been in quite similar situations, and I have spent many moments of my too-short life pissed off about it. I later learned life is more fun if you allow yourself to go out and join the idiots. Better yet, bring them cookies. Trust me - you will get more than you give ;).

Likes dlgoff
Shyan said:

P.S.
OK.
So Happy New Year from all earthlings on Planet Earth to Planet Zorg or where ever you may be .:D

Last edited:
Likes ShayanJ
StevieTNZ said:

They showed the fireworks in New Zealand on this morning's TV news programs here. You chaps beat almost everybody else. :-p

leroyjenkens said:
Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite,

This isn't a low-income neighborhood (if not a highest-income one either), but we still have firecrackers going off every once in a while, thanks to our neighbors' kids.

In South Carolina, fireworks stands pop up like mushrooms the week before Fourth of July and New Year, and disappear the day afterwards.

Happy New Year every members of PF!

:nb)25 minutes to go.
Time to open up that new bag of red potatoes!:w

lisab said:
Trust me - you will get more than you give ;).
I'll drink to that. :approve:

Potatoes- check
Hambergers - check
Lettuce - oh well
Onions - check
relish, mustard, ketchup - check
fromage - check

fireworks -check

Happy new Year !

mfb said:
And probably not 2015?
Of course not. Its 1394!(And my hope is I'll be a grad student by the fall in this year!)
lisab said:
Shyan, please disregard this for 2.5 months: Happy Nowruz!
I'll try to remember to come back and read this then.:D But that's good enough.Thanks lisab.;)

10 minutes before 2015 for me.

207213main_new-year-516.jpg

1:54 to gook now its Happy New Years!

Last edited:
Happy new year!
I already don't like it.:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Happy new year!
I already don't like it.:biggrin:
But it's not here yet!

ps. What does a "toot" dessert taste like? I might like to try some of that with my KFC New Zealand Mexican inspired wrap today.

OmCheeto said:
But it's not here yet!

ps. What does a "toot" dessert taste like? I might like to try some of that with my KFC New Zealand Mexican inspired wrap today.

Sorry, I've not tried that!

I made it through the night. Was able to get to sleep about 2AM. The Mexicans in my neighborhood were literally trying to be as loud as possible. They had bombs, Mexican music turned all the way up, people screaming for no reason, people driving by laying on their horns for no reason. I'm glad I'm not going to live forever. Humans suck.

Shyan said:
Of course not. Its 1394!(And my hope is I'll be a grad student by the fall in this year!)

What can a grad student do before the discovery of Newtonian mechanics? o0)
you could discover them! ;)

ChrisVer said:
What can a grad student do before the discovery of Newtonian mechanics? o0)
you could discover them! ;)
Yeah, maybe I discover them and save all the grad students in the world from confusion!:D
Actually although discovering something new is very exciting and joyous, the joy of doing physics itself is good enough for me.

EDIT: oops...I interpreted "before" to mean "more important than"! Its amusing how we can sometimes think the hard way first!

Last edited:
Shyan said:
Yeah, maybe I discover them and save all the grad students in the world from confusion!:D
Actually although discovering something new is very exciting and joyous, the joy of doing physics itself is good enough for me.

Aren't they alreay discovered?
I'm not in a good mood and I kinda find that post offensive!:devil:

Lisa! said:
Aren't they alreay discovered?
I'm not in a good mood and I kinda find that post offensive!:devil:
I was only joking! Of course I don't think grad students all over the world, don't know what to do!
Don't you think the 1st of January isn't a proper day to be in a bad mood?