Happy New Year from Athens/Greece: Seek Knowledge in 2021!
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
45 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
Ok. But it'll be about another 9 more hours over here, before I can reciprocate, and I'll probably be asleep, so don't hold your breath.
ps. I'm eating ice cream and blueberry pancakes.
ps. I'm eating ice cream and blueberry pancakes.
- 20,002
- 11,119
6 hours for me in Charlotte!
StevieTNZ
- 1,944
- 837
Currently 12.19pm 1st January in New Zealand.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
StevieTNZ said:Currently 12.19pm 1st January in New Zealand.
So, what did you have for lunch, on the first day of the new year?
StevieTNZ
- 1,944
- 837
Haven't had lunch yet. Have requested father go to KFC and get me a twister when he comes back from Wellington, though.OmCheeto said:So, what did you have for lunch, on the first day of the new year?
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Happy New Year everyone!
Science Advisor
- 2,802
- 605
Happy new year all members!
Seek knowledge and be kind!
P.S.
For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!
Seek knowledge and be kind!
P.S.
For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
StevieTNZ said:Haven't had lunch yet. Have requested father go to KFC and get me a twister when he comes back from Wellington, though.
Never heard of such a thing.
google google google
O.M.G.
Fresh lettuce, red onion and tomato drizzled with spicy Super Charged sauce, topped with two 100% chicken breast fillet Crispy Strips, and all wrapped in a soft warmed tortilla.
I believe that might be the most delicious sounding thing I've heard of, since pizza.

I think I will make that for lunch tomorrow, as Wellington is a bit out of my way.
StevieTNZ
- 1,944
- 837
This is what I normally get - http://www.kfc.co.nz/menu/twisters/pepper-mayo-twister/OmCheeto said:Never heard of such a thing.
google google google
O.M.G.
I believe that might be the most delicious sounding thing I've heard of, since pizza.
I think I will make that for lunch tomorrow, as Wellington is a bit out of my way.
Mentor
- 37,535
- 14,418
Happy new year!
And probably not 2015?Shyan said:P.S.
For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!
leroyjenkens
- 621
- 49
Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite, and they're playing Mexican music to the entire neighborhood. So yeah, happy new year. I'm so excited to not have any right to peace and quiet.
From living in low income neighborhoods and working in a warehouse, I've developed the law of idiocy.
How stupid you are [itex]\propto[/itex] how much you enjoy noise.
From living in low income neighborhoods and working in a warehouse, I've developed the law of idiocy.
How stupid you are [itex]\propto[/itex] how much you enjoy noise.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Yeah, I've been in quite similar situations, and I have spent many moments of my too-short life pissed off about it. I later learned life is more fun if you allow yourself to go out and join the idiots. Better yet, bring them cookies. Trust me - you will get more than you give ;).leroyjenkens said:Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite, and they're playing Mexican music to the entire neighborhood. So yeah, happy new year. I'm so excited to not have any right to peace and quiet.
From living in low income neighborhoods and working in a warehouse, I've developed the law of idiocy.
How stupid you are [itex]\propto[/itex] how much you enjoy noise.
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
OK.Shyan said:Happy new year all members!
Seek knowledge and be kind!
P.S.
For me, new year is almost 2.5 months later!
So Happy New Year from all earthlings on Planet Earth to Planet Zorg or where ever you may be .:D
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,516
StevieTNZ said:Currently 12.19pm 1st January in New Zealand.
They showed the fireworks in New Zealand on this morning's TV news programs here. You chaps beat almost everybody else.
leroyjenkens said:Well, I'm sitting my apartment in a low income neighborhood, so I have the Einsteins and Newtons who live in this complex making as much noise as possible. They've spent what little money they have on what sounds like dynamite,
This isn't a low-income neighborhood (if not a highest-income one either), but we still have firecrackers going off every once in a while, thanks to our neighbors' kids.
In South Carolina, fireworks stands pop up like mushrooms the week before Fourth of July and New Year, and disappear the day afterwards.
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
25 minutes to go.Time to open up that new bag of red potatoes!:w
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
Potatoes- check
Hambergers - check
Lettuce - oh well
Onions - check
relish, mustard, ketchup - check
fromage - check
fireworks -check
Happy new Year !
Hambergers - check
Lettuce - oh well
Onions - check
relish, mustard, ketchup - check
fromage - check
fireworks -check
Happy new Year !
Science Advisor
- 2,802
- 605
Of course not. Its 1394!(And my hope is I'll be a grad student by the fall in this year!)mfb said:And probably not 2015?
I'll try to remember to come back and read this then.:D But that's good enough.Thanks lisab.;)lisab said:Shyan, please disregard this for 2.5 months: Happy Nowruz!
dragoneyes001
- 216
- 23
1:54 to gook now its Happy New Years!
Last edited:
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Happy new year!
I already don't like it.
I already don't like it.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
But it's not here yet!Lisa! said:Happy new year!
I already don't like it.![]()
ps. What does a "toot" dessert taste like? I might like to try some of that with my KFC New Zealand Mexican inspired wrap today.
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
OmCheeto said:But it's not here yet!
ps. What does a "toot" dessert taste like? I might like to try some of that with my KFC New Zealand Mexican inspired wrap today.
Sorry, I've not tried that!
Similar threads
Happy New Year from Europe
- CompuChip
- · Replies 13 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 13
News ROFLMAO happy new year from bill blum
- fourier jr
- · Replies 10 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 10
