1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Has anybody heard of this odd sub-type of physics and geology?

1. Mar 15, 2012 #1
    Has anybody heard of this odd sub-type of physics and geology? Apparently Tesla was able to build devices that could create earthquakes with his technology. I want to know what these sorts of equations looked like if anybody knew.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2012 #2
    Re: Tele-geodynamics

I believe it had something to do with resonance

4. Mar 16, 2012 #3

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

5. Mar 16, 2012 #4

Yes I've read this page, but I was wondering what the actual harmonic resonance equations sort of looked like so I got a better understanding of how it works!

6. Mar 16, 2012 #5

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

For equations of mechanical harmonic resonance see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance

Also, a google search of "mechanical harmonic resonance" brings you lots more detailed explanations plus equations governing the process.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook