What do you mean by "personal statement"? I have given my involvement here, as well as other mathematics websites, as part of an appeal for an increase in pay. I also included my work maintaining trails in the local mountains. The president of my university was a trail runner and I claimed I was keeping him safe!
I got the raise though I have no idea whether those helped or not.
I mentioned how I like to watch the experts in the field (whether that's professors, grad students, w/e) go at it on certain topics (astrophysics, cosmology, beyond the standard model, QM, etc.) on forums on the internet. I never mentioned PF specifically though. But I can't remember if that was a personal statement for an internship or if I wrote that somewhere else ...
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving