Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Has attaching an image changed?

1. Jun 30, 2015 #1

Nathanael

Homework Helper

I can't seem to find out how to attach an image anymore. I've done it many times in the past (months ago) but now I can't find the 'add attachment' button. Has something changed about the way you are supposed to attach images?

(Side note that might be related: What is the "whiteboard"? It doesn't load for me.)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2015 #2

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

It's the little picture that looks like a portrait of mountains or something in between the smilies and the reel strip. Almost didn't recognize you since you changed your picture haha.

4. Jun 30, 2015 #3

Nathanael

Homework Helper

I saw this but it asks for a URL, so we need to upload the image to a website first?

And yeah, I think Feynman got enough face time :)

5. Jun 30, 2015 #4

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Oh, click the upload at the bottom, and you can browse from there. ;)

6. Jun 30, 2015 #5

Nathanael

Homework Helper

That's the problem: I used to do this but now I can't find the upload button. I might have gone blind but I really can't find it anymore o0)

7. Jun 30, 2015 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Below the reply text window, there are 4 big buttons, labeled "POST REPLY" "PREVIEW..." "UPLOAD" "WHITEBOARD"

Do you have all 4 of those buttons, or fewer?

8. Jun 30, 2015 #7

berkeman

BTW, after uploading you have an option to display the uploaded image at full-width in the post. That's a nice feature improvement over the old forum software, IMO. :smile:

9. Jun 30, 2015 #8

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

On my screen it's to the left of the whiteboard. right of preview... 2 to the right of post reply. Not to add insult to injury, but ...

Attached Files:

10. Jun 30, 2015 #9

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Sorry, I'm bored at work =P

11. Jun 30, 2015 #10

berkeman

12. Jun 30, 2015 #11

Nathanael

Homework Helper

Hahahah

But it wasn't there before.... I know it wasn't because I thought it should be there so I checked those buttons. (That's why I asked about whiteboard.)
    Somehow it's there now.... I sound like a crazy person but it honestly wasn't there... ?:) Maybe I am crazy

edit:
    Another small detail is different now too... Greg must be pranking me :rolleyes:

13. Jun 30, 2015 #12

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Says the guy who removed his feynman avatar...

14. Jun 30, 2015 #13

Nathanael

Homework Helper

Culprit found:
    Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 13.37.55.png
    It seems I wasn't yet logged in when I was trying to upload the image o0)

BiG I almost didn't recognize you!

15. Jun 30, 2015 #14

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

XD
    You inspired me. King has been with me since the beginning. It might change again here soon. I'm not sure what to go with. Obviously something metal, though.

16. Jun 30, 2015 #15

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

I think this one's gonna stay.

17. Jun 30, 2015 #16

Nathanael

Homework Helper

@berkeman: Somehow I didn't see your #6 or #7 the first time around. This happened a couple times with HallsOfIvy's posts in two different threads. It might just be my fault, but it's kind of hard to miss two consecutive replies. (Then again, I am crazy, sooo...)

I approve :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted