John Richard
- 73
- 0
Has the principal of light emission been discredited?
If so, is it now considered to be an excitation process?
If so, is it now considered to be an excitation process?
John Richard said:OK, I'll try again.
You shake some charges and create light, what is the light?
Is the light part of the charge you shook, and does that part of the charge stay as an intrinsically cohesive separate entity that leaves the charge and travels as an individual item through a vacuum. That would be emission!
Or, does the vibration you impart to the charge by shaking it, transfer to something that is surrounding the charge and then cascade through a medium, that would be excitation!
which is it?
By the way, I never stated that emission had been discredited, I asked if it had because of something I had read. I am not in favour one way or the other, merely looking for greater understanding.
John
Loren Booda said:John Richard,
The distinction between an electron's process of atomic energy level transition and its emission [absorption] of a photon may be muddied by quantum uncertainty. In other words, it may be impossible to exactly distinguish between the electrons (as in an atom) and photons (as interacting with an atom).
John Richard said:Loren Booda, thank you very much for your link. I am enjoying studying your work and the work of those accessed by your sites links.