jedishrfu said:
These are really great. Are these renders SVG based ie can they be expanded to poster size?
You might be able to startup a small business of printing posters or maybe T-shirt’s from them.
Thanks.
They are bit-maps. This is pretty much required by the way the image is rendered. It uses ray-tracing. Essentially, you set up your model with a camera in specific location and light sources. Then the computer "shoots out rays" from the light source, calculates how they would interact with objects in the scene, and determines which rays would reflect into the camera. Each pixel of the image is determined by what it expects the camera to "see" there depending on the texture you assigned to objects, the angle at which the ray is being reflected from the surface, etc.
The top 2 images were done at at 75% of 1080p resolution( equivalent to 810p). While 1080p is the default full-res setting for blender, you can manually set it higher. The down side is that the larger the render in pixel number, the longer the render time.
I really just do this as a hobby. I just enjoy starting with an empty space, and slowly building it up into a complete scene. While it's always nice when someone likes what I've done, I really just do it for my own recreation.
Sometimes I am just playing around with an idea or trying to figure out how to produce a particular effect, with no finished scene in mind.
Other times, once I get the effect I'm trying for, it suggests the final scene in which to use it.
Such was the case for this "drawing coming to life" animation: