Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heat Transfer From Resistance Element to Metal Component

1. Apr 7, 2017 #1
    Hello Physics Forums!

My problem is as follows. I have a device that produces heat via Nichrome coils. I want to heat another small piece of metal (in this case stainless steel) with those Nichrome coils. I need to reach 175 degrees C, and so far I haven't found a readily available thermal adhesive that will work in my temperature range. Is there a high temperature thermal adhesive available to consumers that I could use? Any suggestions on another way to effectively transfer the heat from the coils to my small metal component?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2017 #2

phyzguy

Science Advisor

There are a number of thermally conductive epoxys available that are used primarily in electronics manufacturing. This web site has some examples, but there are many others.

4. Apr 7, 2017 #3
    Thanks for the reply. I tried Masterbond, however they only sell in large quantities to businesses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted