Hello,I have a question. If A and B are NND matrices, how to prove

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter xihashiwo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Matrices
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
xihashiwo
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have a question. If A and B are NND matrices, how to prove C(A) belongs to C(A+B)?

I can prove that C(A)<C(A,B) by using A=(A,B)transpose[(I,0)], and I also can prove C(A+B)<C(A,B) using the similar approach.

But I cannot move further because my thoughs maybe not related to the answer at all.

Can someone help? Many thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


You need to explain your notation. What's NND? what's "C" ?
 


Also, I get that C(A + B) is the column space of the matrix sum, A + B, but what does C(A, B) mean? And this - (A,B)transpose[(I,0)].
 


Please no worry about those stuff, I am just confused about my original question, why C(A) belongs to C(A+B), is there any tricks?

Mark44 said:
Also, I get that C(A + B) is the column space of the matrix sum, A + B, but what does C(A, B) mean? And this - (A,B)transpose[(I,0)].