Hello PF This is my first post

• Thread starter nimblenymph
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, the topic is about a user's first post on the platform Hello PF. The user is an expert at summarizing content and will only provide a summary of the content without responding or replying to questions. The post does not include any other information before the summary.
nimblenymph
I promised myself that I'd make an attempt at networking within the STEM community this year, and this seemed like a good place to start. My current retail job will be participating in a relatively large event for a tech company, and my incredibly supportive boss thinks that this would be a great opportunity to put myself out there, to make good contacts.

I'm currently a junior college student, working towards transferring into a university. My hope is to pursue some sort of career in scientific communication. Not thinking of anything particularly grandiose, mostly wanting to generate an interest in STEM for the children and adults living in the impoverished neighborhoods of my hometown.

So far, I've been writing a few short, and vaguely interesting essays for my friends on social media. They get questions sometimes, and it makes me happy to talk to people in a simple, welcoming way about these sorts of things. I'm a firm believer in the "if you truly understand something, you can explain it to anyone", when it comes to education. Anyway...

Looking forward to interacting with you all here. What got you interested in physics? How do you relate to it at this moment in time?

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! I got started readying pop sci books and magazines back in high school.