My First Post: conciousness, the brain, gravity, the universe. Connections?

In summary, the speaker has arrived at various theories and ideas and is seeking feedback from more knowledgeable individuals. They discuss the possibility of a "gravity particle" that could be responsible for the forces of gravity and the development of consciousness. However, other forum members do not see a strong connection between these concepts and caution against baseless speculation.
mattythewolf
I have registered to this forum specifically to ask people more intelligent than me what is wrong with a number of theories, relationships and ideas I've arrived at. I unfortunately never entered tertiary schooling so I find myself asking these questions but not knowing whom to ask. Feel free to be brutal but any corrections or suggested reading would be greatly appreciated.

1. Higgs Boson/ The Gravity Particle: Going by what I know about gravity, all matter has a gravitational effect on all other matter, the effect lessening over distance. Although we haven't found the gravity particle yet and assuming every atom contains such a particle, is it rediculous to suggest that each particle is simultaneously traveling between every atom in the universe? Could this particle move between and be a part of every other atom, the dominant and binding force of the universe, the effects of which time is ultimately the measure of? An endless recurring force, expanding and contracting all matter in the universe, a naturally occurring and perfect perpetual motion machine?

2. Conciousness, self-awareness, gravity, evolution of the brain: We know human beings to have 5 senses that we have evolved over time, each one a way of measuring changes in energy in some way. Could then, self-awareness and the developing conciousness, be the brains way of measuring the effect of "a gravity particle"? As rediculous as it first sounds is this our sixth sense? Our slowly evolving way of interpreting our connection to the rest of the universe?
Also, could it be possible that our memory is a record of the changes in energy we perceive, offset by the changes we interpret in gravity? This mass of data could then be processed by identifying recurring patterns and probabilities(learning), simplified by identifying rules governing the data (behaviour) and calculating new data by applying rules and assuming variables (knowledge).

Space news on Phys.org
Although we haven't found the gravity particle yet and assuming every atom contains such a particle, is it rediculous to suggest that each particle is simultaneously traveling between every atom in the universe?
Sort of, they are not real particles but rather more like a field of condensed 'virtual' particles propagating outward at c (the speed of light).

Could this particle move between and be a part of every other atom, the dominant and binding force of the universe, the effects of which time is ultimately the measure of?
This 'virtual particle field' exerts a 'pulling' force on other particles. Atoms are made of particles, so the atom actually has a little gravity between it's individual constituents.

It's binding in the sense that it's always attractive, whereas something like electromagnetism can be either attractive or repulsive.

Time is the measure of the effects of everything, not just gravity.

An endless recurring force, expanding and contracting all matter in the universe, a naturally occurring and perfect perpetual motion machine?
It's a field, I don't know where you want to take that.

each one a way of measuring changes in energy in some way.
I mean, it's arguable, but not likely in the way you mean it.

Could then, self-awareness and the developing conciousness, be the brains way of measuring the effect of "a gravity particle"?
We don't know what self-awareness is (or really much about the brain at all). But, even without that knowledge, I can pretty confidently say no.

As rediculous as it first sounds is this our sixth sense?
Probably not.

Our slowly evolving way of interpreting our connection to the rest of the universe?
The only aspect of that connection is 'pulling force', we have a thing in our head that let's us sense orientation... that's kind of like sensing gravity particles. I don't know if it's included in the basic senses.

Also, could it be possible that our memory is a record of the changes in energy we perceive, offset by the changes we interpret in gravity?
Not in the way you mean very likely.

This mass of data could then be processed by identifying recurring patterns and probabilities(learning), simplified by identifying rules governing the data (behaviour) and calculating new data by applying rules and assuming variables (knowledge).
Probably not.
None of this is based on anything but that you know gravity might have a particle and that we are conscious. I don't see the major connection. There are lots of forces in the universe you could say the same thing about, even better ones really.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, this has nothing to do with physics and we don't permit such idle speculation here.

Btw, humans have many more than 5 senses.

1. What is consciousness?

Consciousness refers to an individual's awareness of their own thoughts, feelings, and surroundings. It is often described as the subjective experience of being alive and aware.

2. How does the brain work?

The brain is a complex organ that is responsible for controlling our body's functions and processing information. It is made up of billions of nerve cells called neurons, which communicate with each other through electrical and chemical signals. Different areas of the brain are responsible for different functions, such as movement, perception, and memory.

3. What is gravity?

Gravity is a fundamental force of nature that causes objects with mass to be attracted to each other. It is responsible for the motion of planets, stars, and galaxies in the universe. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, gravity is the result of the curvature of spacetime caused by the presence of mass or energy.

4. How did the universe begin?

The exact origins of the universe are still a subject of scientific debate and research. The most widely accepted theory is the Big Bang theory, which proposes that the universe began as a singularity and has been expanding and evolving ever since.

5. How are consciousness, the brain, gravity, and the universe connected?

These concepts are all intertwined in the study of science and the natural world. The brain is the physical organ responsible for our conscious experiences, and gravity plays a crucial role in the formation and movement of objects in the universe. Our understanding of consciousness and the universe is constantly evolving as we continue to explore and make connections between these complex concepts.