Help calculating the current from the density and a rotating frame

In summary, the conversation is about calculating I(t) in a rotating frame with a given surface vector and current density function. The person has attempted to use the formula I = ∫J*dA but is unsure how to proceed with the given information. They are also asking for clarification on the configuration.
liran avraham
Thread moved from the technical forums and poster has been reminded to show their work
hi need help in physics HW:
given current density [J][/→]=[J][/0][x][/Λ]
and rotating frame with given surface vector:
$$ A^→ = A_0(cos(wt)x^Λ + sin(wt)y^Λ$$
in need to calculate I(t)
i tried
I = ∫J*dA
but i don't know i to technically do the math
please help me

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you elaborate - it's not so clear what problem you actually want to solve! First off, what does the configuration look like?

Hi there. Rewrite your current density function to make it clearer.

Going off of what you've written, it looks like you would integrate your current density function with respect to "t" in the "x" direction since there is not a "y" direction in your current density function.

1. What is the relationship between current, density, and a rotating frame?

The current is directly proportional to the density and the angular velocity of the rotating frame. This means that as the density or angular velocity increases, the current also increases.

2. How do you calculate the current from the density and a rotating frame?

The formula for calculating the current from the density and a rotating frame is I = ρωA, where I is the current, ρ is the density, ω is the angular velocity, and A is the cross-sectional area.

3. What is the significance of calculating the current from the density and a rotating frame?

Calculating the current from the density and a rotating frame is important in understanding the behavior of electric currents in rotating systems, such as generators and motors. It also allows for the prediction and control of the current in these systems.

4. Can the current be negative when calculated from the density and a rotating frame?

Yes, the current can be negative when calculated from the density and a rotating frame. This indicates that the direction of the current is opposite to the direction of the rotation of the frame.

5. How does the current change if the density or angular velocity of the rotating frame changes?

If the density or angular velocity of the rotating frame changes, the current will also change accordingly. An increase in density or angular velocity will result in an increase in current, while a decrease in either will result in a decrease in current.