1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help for Dynamics! Continuous Motion

1. Jul 30, 2011 #1
    Can someone tell me how to obtain the figure in red circle? I've trying out on my own but can't get that.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2011 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi JamieShumJr! Welcome to PF! :smile:
    You're asking why is ∫ (0.8t + A)-1/2 dt = (2/0.8)(0.8t + A)1/2

apply the https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=353" twice

if you differentiate the RHS, you get an extra 0.8 from the t, and an extra 1/2 from the power, = (0.8/2) :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Jul 30, 2011 #3
    Re: Welcome to PF!

Thanks a lot!:smile: I neglected the 0.8 during the integration. Got it already. Forgotten the basic rule of integration. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  5. May 19, 2013 #4
    may i know from same question as above shown, how to get the -1/60 at the end there?

6. May 19, 2013 #5

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

welcome to pf!

hi mintz! welcome to pf! :smile:
    the ##|^t_0## at the end of the previous line means you have to evaluate it at t and at 0, and subtract :wink:

7. May 19, 2013 #6
    oh~okie~thanks! i made mistake that evaluate at 0 whole things became 0~:frown:
    thanks anyway!=D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted