Help I need to find out whether activation energy can be calculated this way ?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter himynameis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Activation Energy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
himynameis
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
i did an experiment, i noted the tempreture and found rate constant.
My friend did the same experiment and she found rate constant and noted the tempreture.. The tempreture differs by one degree. Can i calculate tempreture like this...?

S2O82-(aq) + 2 I-(aq)  SO42-(aq) + I2(aq)

Friend: K1: 0.0594 at t1: 21oC = 294 K
Ours = K2: 0.06 and t2: 22oC. 295 K


In (0.0594 /0.06) = Ea / 8.314 x ( 1/ 294- 1/295 )
-0.01 = Ea / 8.31 x (1.153x10-5)
Ea= 0.01x 8.31 / 1.153x10-5)
Ea = 7207.28 J/mol

= 7.207 KJ mol

Is this possible?

please help me! :( So for this reaction is the Ea 7.207

I would have done Just used my rate constant and tempreture to wwork out Ea but I don't know the Frequency factor A! I can't find this anywhere...
 
Physics news on Phys.org