Help me choose a name for the number system!

  • Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
  • #1
213
2

Main Question or Discussion Point

'm doing a number system right now, and I'm thinking of a name for it, possible names I came up with:

1. Unknown Number System
2. Strange Number System
3. Nameless Number System
4. Clever Number System
5. Evil Number System
6. Professional Number System.
7. Eximus Number System.

Of course those names are too kiddy and childish. I'd need something serious that would give my number system a proffesional look. Any ideas?
Thanks,
any input would be mostly appreciated.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
The-Great-Unknown-Complex Number System.

:-D Just a thought! Heh...
 
  • #3
213
2
G-U-C
GUC Number System!
You're brilliant SimplySolitary.
Thanks man,
 
  • #4
213
2
Yeah, I used your name for my number system. Do you mind if I say that my forum friend came up with this name excluding any other details?

Anyway, everyone still may come up with some good names for the next number system :P
 
  • #5
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
What exactly is your number system ?
 
  • #6
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
14,916
19
Of course those names are too kiddy and childish. I'd need something serious that would give my number system a proffesional look.
Bah, having a cute name makes it look professional.

Remember that you're talking to a crowd that describes numbers with words like "real", "imaginary", "complex", "rational", "irrational", "perfect", "abundant", "deficient", "transcendental", "normal", "hyperreal", "surreal", et cetera.
 
  • #7
213
2
It's simply a set of symbols and operations taken from our decimal number system like exponentiation, addition, and so on, based on 12s.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3972/image6pc.jpg [Broken]

Currently I'm working on rounding.
And need to add more features. It'll take me probably til wed.
Wait, forgot to draw a zero. It's similar to ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #8
330
1
Gokul43201 said:
What exactly is your number system ?
It only goes throw 1-10.
a
2
2
3
4
5
12222
1
767
45
1245
331
 
  • #9
330
1
heartless said:
It's simply a set of symbols and operations taken from our decimal number system like exponentiation, addition, and so on, based on 12s.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3972/image6pc.jpg [Broken]

Currently I'm working on rounding.
It looks hang man with houses how about the-hangmen-number-houses
Maybe you can get a name form this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_(number)#Geometry
It is possible to construct a perfect circle divided into twelve sectors of 30 degrees each, using only a compass and straightedge.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #10
213
2
yeah, when you look the other way it looks like houses. It's not supposed to, I would rather called them boxes. Houses are quite different than that, but anyway, that doesn't make a difference. Think of some brilliant features I can add,
 
  • #11
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
14,916
19
Call them house numbers! Or maybe house numerals might be better. (Since you're not really inventing a number system, but a numeral system for writing numbers)

By the way, you might consider a different diagram for 8. Everything in your picture except 8 and 12^5 can be drawn without lifting your pencil and without retracing any lines. It might be nicer if you could draw 8 in the same way.
 
  • #12
Mk
1,984
3
House numerals!!!
 
  • #13
JamesU
Gold Member
750
3
domestic numerals
 
  • #14
heartless said:
Yeah, I used your name for my number system. Do you mind if I say that my forum friend came up with this name excluding any other details?

Anyway, everyone still may come up with some good names for the next number system :P
Whoa.
You actually used it?! :bugeye: I wasn't serious with it... :rofl:
 
  • #15
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
176
Hurkyl said:
Bah, having a cute name makes it look professional.

Remember that you're talking to a crowd that describes numbers with words like "real", "imaginary", "complex", "rational", "irrational", "perfect", "abundant", "deficient", "transcendental", "normal", "hyperreal", "surreal", et cetera.
I was thinking we could call it "paranormal". :biggrin:
 
  • #16
Mk
1,984
3
"Transcendental", "hyperreal", "surreal", "paranormal", "Clairvoyant"?
 

Related Threads on Help me choose a name for the number system!

  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
22
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
1K
Replies
6
Views
5K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
4
Replies
84
Views
8K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
38
Views
4K
Replies
2
Views
708
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
5K
Replies
7
Views
25K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
1K
Top