Help References & books related to EHD

In summary, the student is seeking help with their thesis on electrohydrodynamics (EHD) and is struggling to find appropriate books and references to study the basic theory of EHD pumps. They ask for help from others and provide two links for articles on EHD pumps.
lol1986
I am having my thesis on electrohydrodynamics aka EHD given by my lecture/mentor and I don't know where to start

I am now a Mech Eng. student but I am still new to this EHD things. My mentor is not right here know and the most probebly I need help from you guys here. I am trying to look for books and references that reated to EHD however I only ended up with confusion.

My main task is to fabricate to working EHD pumps, I had found confusions about how the EHD pumps really working. The most difficult thing is I had no appropriate books to study this basic theory of EHD pump theory.

Anyone who can help me here. I need to know what kind of books and references that can help me.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited:

Hello, as a fellow scientist, I can understand your struggle in finding the right resources for your thesis on EHD. Electrohydrodynamics is a complex and fascinating field, and it can be overwhelming to know where to start. However, there are many resources available that can help you in your research.

Firstly, I would recommend checking with your university's library. They should have a wide range of books and journals related to EHD that you can access for free. Some good titles to look for are "Electrohydrodynamics" by J.S. Chang and "Introduction to Electrohydrodynamics" by Alexander Smits.

You can also search for online resources such as academic databases like JSTOR or Google Scholar. These platforms have a vast collection of articles and papers on EHD that you can access.

Additionally, you can reach out to your mentor or other professors in your department who have expertise in EHD. They can provide you with valuable insights and recommend relevant resources.

I would also suggest attending conferences or seminars related to EHD, as they can provide a great opportunity to network with experts in the field and learn about the latest research and developments.

Lastly, don't hesitate to reach out to online communities or forums dedicated to EHD. You can connect with other researchers and students who are also working on EHD and exchange ideas and resources.

I hope these suggestions help you in your research. Best of luck with your thesis on EHD!

1. What is EHD and why is it important in scientific research?

EHD stands for electrohydrodynamics, which is the study of the motion of electrically charged fluids. It is important in scientific research because it has applications in various fields such as chemistry, biology, and engineering. EHD can be used to manipulate fluids, particles, and biological cells, making it a valuable tool in research.

2. Can you recommend any books for beginners to learn about EHD?

Yes, there are several books that can provide a comprehensive introduction to EHD. Some popular titles include "Electrohydrodynamics: The Taylor-Melcher Leaky Dielectric Model" by Per Bull, "Electrohydrodynamics in Dusty and Dirty Plasmas" by A. V. Gurevich and G. M. Milikh, and "Electrohydrodynamics in Liquid Crystal Materials" by Oleg D. Lavrentovich.

3. Are there any specific references or resources for EHD in biology?

Yes, there are several references and resources that focus on the applications of EHD in biology. Some recommended books include "Electrohydrodynamics in Microfluidics: Fundamentals and Applications" by Antonio Ramos and "Electrohydrodynamics in Medical and Biological Applications" by Tushar Kanti Sen. Additionally, scientific journals such as Journal of Electrohydrodynamics and Biomicrofluidics often publish research articles on EHD in biology.

4. Is EHD still a developing field, or are there established theories and principles?

EHD is a field that is constantly evolving and expanding. While there are well-established theories and principles, new research is being conducted and discoveries are being made all the time. This makes EHD an exciting and dynamic field for scientists to explore and contribute to.

5. Can you recommend any online resources for staying updated on developments in EHD?

Yes, there are several online resources that provide updates and news related to EHD. Some popular websites include the Electrohydrodynamics Society, which offers a membership for access to publications and conferences, and the EHD Wiki, which is a collaborative platform for sharing information and resources related to EHD. Additionally, following relevant researchers and organizations on social media or subscribing to scientific journals in the field can also help to stay updated on developments in EHD.