Help! SOS from a Student Applying to IISc

• Thread starter aim1732
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, someone changed his subject in class XII at the Indian Institute of Science, and is now worried because the site changed his roll number to match. He has mailed and emailed the institute, but no response. He is considering walking down to the institute to try and change his roll number.
aim1732
Hello. I know this is not the right place but I need the widest possible audience. I filled out the application for the Indian Institute of Science a few days back. To my horror they somehow managed to change my subject for class XII from maths to biology.There is some problem with the site-- I tried twice. Now I know that's stupid but now I have got two roll numbers with the wrong subjects in both. I am not sure why but it automatically changes when you hit the last enter option.
People on this forum advised me to go for the course. Some of you might gone to that institute too. By the way the program i am applying for is Bachelor of Science.
Please the situation is desperate----last date for submission is 25 March and it's just two days from now. No response from the IISc office either!(and that's the frustrating part).

Physics news on Phys.org
So what do you want to know?

Phone them if you really want to change it.

I just wanted to know if there are any more students applying for the same course.
Mailed them twice-no response.

Sorry aim, I think your only chance is to call these people, or walk right down there and talk to them. If anyone here could help, they would, but the odds of finding another person registered here with your identical experience is very low.

Sorry man.

I found out about the course from some people here on the forum. I think I will look them up.

Walk down there? It's about 1500 km from here!:smile:

aim1732 said:

One would recommend a brisk stroll then! :wink:

aim1732 said:
I found out about the course from some people here on the forum. I think I will look them up.

That would present a challnge... :redface:

Maybe a train then? Seriously, this is a big deal for you, yes?... best to confront it head on.

Like Gandhi I would prefer to walk!:biggrin:

aim1732 said:
Like Gandhi I would prefer to walk!:biggrin:

Heh... then I suggest you take Jared's excellent advice, and I would add, pack light! :wink:

What is IISc?

IISc stands for the Indian Institute of Science, which is a premier research institute located in Bangalore, India. It is known for its excellence in scientific and technological education and research.

What is the application process for IISc?

The application process for IISc involves filling out an online application form, submitting required documents, and appearing for an entrance exam and/or interview. The exact process and requirements may vary depending on the program you are applying for.

What are the eligibility criteria for IISc?

The eligibility criteria for IISc may vary depending on the program you are applying for. Generally, a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with a minimum percentage of marks is required. Additionally, some programs may have specific entrance exam requirements.

What is the entrance exam for IISc?

The entrance exam for IISc is called the Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM). It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by IISc for admission to various postgraduate programs in science and technology. However, some departments may have their own entrance exams or may consider scores from other national exams such as GATE or JEST.

What are the important dates for the IISc application process?

The important dates for the IISc application process are usually announced on the official website of IISc. It is important to regularly check the website for updates and deadlines. Generally, the application process begins in February and the entrance exam is held in May. The exact dates may vary each year.