Help this problem cost me much time

• Thread starter goodboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation discusses creating a cylindrical cavity in an infinitely large uniformly magnetic medium, with the cavity's radius and height denoted as r and h respectively. The direction of the cavity's axis is parallel to the magnetization direction in the medium. The question posed is how to explain the relationship between the magnetic field strength H and magnetic induction B in the cavity and the medium, specifically when h>>r and r>>h. The discussion also clarifies the difference between H and B, with H being an independent fundamental magnitude of the magnetic field.
goodboy
english is my second language,if there are some wrong in the sentence ,don't laugh at me :redface:

dig a columniform cavity in a infinity uniformity magnetic medium.the

cavity's radius is r and the high is h,and the axis of the cavity parallels

the direction of magnetization M in the medium.
question:1)when h>>r,the magnetic field strength H of the point in the cavity = the magnetic field strength H in the medium.
2) when r>>h,the magnetic induction strength B of the point in the cavity = magnetic induction strength B in the medium.
haw to testify ?

Physics news on Phys.org
goodboy said:
english is my second language,if there are some wrong in the sentence ,don't laugh at me :redface:

dig a columniform cavity in a infinity uniformity magnetic medium.the

cavity's radius is r and the high is h,and the axis of the cavity parallels

the direction of magnetization M in the medium.
question:1)when h>>r,the magnetic field strength H of the point in the cavity = the magnetic field strength H in the medium.
2) when r>>h,the magnetic induction strength B at the point in the cavity = magnetic induction strength B in the medium.
haw to testify ?
I'll start by trying to translate the question. Could you tell us what your first language is?

Make a cylindrical cavity through an infinitely large uniformly magnetic medium. The cylinder's radius is r and its height is h and the axis of the cylinder is parallel to the direction of the magnetic field in the medium.

Question:
1) when h>>r, the magnetic field strength H at any point in the cavity is equal to the magnetic field strength in the medium

2) where r>>h, the magnetic induction B of the point in the cylinder is equal to the magnetic induction B in the magnetic medium.

How do you explain this?​

Perhaps that will get a response for you.

AM

Last edited:
thank you very much,my first language is chinese.i'm not good at english,don't laugh at me . there is no problem in your interpretation.

Andrew Mason said:
Make a cylindrical cavity through an infinitely large uniformly magnetic medium. The cylinder's radius is r and its height is h and the axis of the cylinder is parallel to the direction of the magnetic field in the medium.

Question:
1) when h>>r, the magnetic field strength H at any point in the cavity is equal to the magnetic field strength in the medium

2) where r>>h, the magnetic induction B of the point in the cylinder is equal to the magnetic induction B in the magnetic medium.

How do you explain this?[/indent

Ok. I was a little unsure about the difference between magnetic induction and the magnetic field at first, but I think I understand the problem now.

The magnetic field strength H is the magnetic field that would exist in the absence of the magnetic material (ie in a vacuum), divided by [itex]\mu_0[/itex], the permeability of free space. The magnetic induction B, is the actual measured magnetic field (which depends on the permeability of the magnetic material). H represents a kind of fundamental magnitude of the magnetic field that is independent of the permeability of the material.

[tex]B = \mu H[/tex]

Does that help you to answer the question?

AM​

1. How can I efficiently solve this problem?

There are a few steps you can take to efficiently solve a problem that is taking up a lot of your time. First, break the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you focus on one aspect at a time and make the overall problem seem less daunting. Next, try to identify any potential roadblocks or challenges that may arise and come up with a plan to address them. Additionally, consider reaching out to others for help or advice, as collaboration can often lead to more efficient problem-solving. And finally, don't be afraid to take breaks and step away from the problem for a bit - sometimes a fresh perspective can make all the difference.

2. How can I prevent this problem from occurring again in the future?

One of the best ways to prevent a problem from reoccurring is to identify the root cause. Take some time to reflect on what may have caused the problem in the first place and what steps you can take to avoid it in the future. Additionally, consider implementing preventative measures, such as creating a checklist or establishing a protocol to follow in similar situations. Regularly reviewing and updating these measures can also help prevent the problem from happening again.

3. What resources are available to help me solve this problem?

There are a variety of resources that can assist with problem-solving. Depending on the nature of the problem, you may benefit from seeking advice from colleagues or experts in the field. Online forums or communities can also be a helpful resource for troubleshooting and finding solutions. Additionally, consider utilizing any relevant tools or software that may aid in the problem-solving process.

4. Is there a specific approach or methodology I should use to solve this problem?

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to problem-solving, and the best approach will depend on the nature of the problem. However, some commonly used methodologies include the scientific method, root cause analysis, and brainstorming. It may be helpful to research and familiarize yourself with different problem-solving techniques and determine which one best suits your situation.

5. How can I manage my time more effectively while working on this problem?

Time management is crucial when trying to solve a problem that is taking up a lot of your time. One helpful strategy is to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most critical aspects of the problem first. This can help prevent wasting time on less important tasks. Additionally, setting specific goals and deadlines for yourself can help keep you on track and motivated. Finally, try to minimize distractions and allow yourself breaks to rest and recharge as needed.