Help to find articles with new concepts about Gravity

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of gravity and the search for information on the concept of "virtual gravity" and its comparison to the gravity experienced on Earth. The topic is found under the general heading of the Equivalence Principle and the gravitational attraction is described as acting as if the space were a rolling mat, bringing all objects to the center of attraction at the same speed. This concept suggests that ordinary matter "consumes" or transforms space, causing the acceleration or gravity. The conversation concludes with the individual finding the desired information on Wikipedia and reviewing basic principles of physics.
Gitirana
I read many articles here about gravity but I can’t find the following specific subject: I need a help to find in this site or any other place, studies or experiments comparing the “virtual gravity” (1G acceleration inside of a spaceship for example) with 1G gravity perceived in the earth. Any approaches considering that ordinary matter to exist need to consume/transform the space causing the space acceleration or gravity.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe that your desire falls under the general heading of Equivalence Principle.

Likes David Horgan
Thank you I found what I was looking for under topic Equivalence principle in wikipedia and also took the opportunity to review the lessons on basic principles of physics.

The gravitational attraction don't show as a force, since it is independent of the object's mass its acceleration, but acts as if the space were a rolling mat bringing all objects at the same speed to the center of attraction. It is like if regular matter to exist consume the space bringing all matter to stay together.

1. What new concepts have been discovered about gravity?

There have been numerous new concepts and theories about gravity in recent years. Some of these include the idea of gravitational waves, the concept of dark matter and dark energy, and the possibility of a multiverse. Researchers are also exploring the connection between gravity and quantum mechanics.

2. How do scientists study gravity?

Scientists use various methods to study gravity, including mathematical equations, laboratory experiments, and observations of celestial bodies and their movements. They also use advanced technologies such as space probes and telescopes to gather data and test theories.

3. How does gravity affect the universe?

Gravity is a fundamental force that plays a crucial role in shaping the universe. It is responsible for the formation of stars, planets, and galaxies, and it also governs the movement of these objects. Gravity also plays a role in the expansion of the universe and the formation of structures like galaxy clusters.

4. Are there any alternative theories to explain gravity?

While the theory of gravity proposed by Isaac Newton has been widely accepted for centuries, there have been alternative theories put forward by scientists such as Albert Einstein and his theory of general relativity. Other theories, such as string theory and loop quantum gravity, also offer alternative explanations for the nature of gravity.

5. How does our understanding of gravity impact our daily lives?

Our understanding of gravity has led to many practical applications, such as the development of technologies like GPS and satellite communication. It also plays a role in fields such as engineering, aviation, and space travel. Additionally, our understanding of gravity helps us better understand the universe and our place within it.