Help with compressed air thrust

Woe is me.

Anyway, changing the topic of thruster to something else I'd like to ask, how much psi for the same size canister I mentioned is needed to propel a grappling hook at a 60 degree angle with a mass of 0.094 kg with an initial launch velocity of 45.2 m/s (v final is 0) and max height of 104 m. Normally I'd solve these things out myself, but lately I haven't been feeling so hot, headaches and constant sleepiness. Ugh, I hate relying on others when it comes to physics, but I'm in too much pain to deal with the math.
Interesting experiments... grappling hooks and weird flying things that you can't talk about. Are you the beginnings of a new Bruce Wayne?

Interesting experiments... grappling hooks and weird flying things that you can't talk about. Are you the beginnings of a new Bruce Wayne?
Nah just an Otaku making anime come to life since he was 4. This is something I hope to commission into use with law enforcement, military, and recreational use. I've had great success in the past with things I've mad for my own use, but this time, this time I'm doing this to help others. I want to be an engineer, and engineers find ways to help make life better and solve problems. So that's what I'll do with thing... As soon as I'm done making the rest of it and patenting it.

Nah just an Otaku making anime come to life since he was 4. This is something I hope to commission into use with law enforcement, military, and recreational use. I've had great success in the past with things I've mad for my own use, but this time, this time I'm doing this to help others. I want to be an engineer, and engineers find ways to help make life better and solve problems. So that's what I'll

If your thinking launching grappling hooks and repelling along them you would do well to fire your hook from a gas source compressed air or a stable gas like helium , I would use something like a simple ascender for rope climbing attached to a high torque motor and battery pack thinking like a Milwaukee hd driver drill it would pull you along at good speed and they are already stepped motors so you could adjust your speed and you get reverse . Also big problem I see is tensioning your Zip line your hook will need to be super strong and your line must be really tight for that distance use a turfing winch at your end

If your thinking launching grappling hooks and repelling along them you would do well to fire your hook from a gas source compressed air or a stable gas like helium , I would use something like a simple ascender for rope climbing attached to a high torque motor and battery pack thinking like a Milwaukee hd driver drill it would pull you along at good speed and they are already stepped motors so you could adjust your speed and you get reverse . Also big problem I see is tensioning your Zip line your hook will need to be super strong and your line must be really tight for that distance use a turfing winch at your end
Exactly what I had in mind, but I couldn't find a high enough torque motor that won't be too big. And thanks, but I just need the math is all. Also my line will be steel cord.

Danger
Gold Member
Exactly what I had in mind, but I couldn't find a high enough torque motor that won't be too big. And thanks, but I just need the math is all. Also my line will be steel cord.
Try checking out the "Superheroes" episode of Mythbusters (or maybe the Star Wars one, I forget) if you can find it on U-Tube or the Discovery Channel site. Jamie managed to build a wrist-mounted winch for his grappler that pulled him up fairly smartly, and that dude has got to be well over 200 lbs.