1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Deciding on Engineering major

1. Apr 7, 2013 #1
    Does anybody know anything about ATMAE accredited engineering programs? I'm currently studying Applied Electronics Engineering, and I know it's not traditional engineering nor is it engineering at the least.. it's kind of a joke; just a two year engineering technology degree with management classes added on.

What I need to know is, will this degree be marketable?? Can I find a job easily with it?? I haven't spoke to anybody that's graduated with this degree, but I've heard that none of them can find a job. I really need to know if this is true or not.

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2013 #2
    I know a guy with a degree like that who works at Telligent.

4. Jun 15, 2013 #3
    Obviously this would depend on location. It's easier for an electrical engeering technologist to get a job than an electrical engineer at my location; however, you are limited with what you can do with a two year tech degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook