Henry's Law: Solving for Water Needed to Dissolve 1.48L of Gas

  • Thread starter Thread starter LisaNels2196
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Law
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
LisaNels2196
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


How much water would be needed to completely dissolve 1.48L of the gas at a pressure of 730torrand a temperature of 28∘C? A gas has a Henry's law constant of 0.190M/atm

Homework Equations


S=kH * Pgas

The Attempt at a Solution


730 torr= .960526316 atm

S=(.190M/atm)(.960526316 atm)
S= .1825 M
.1825 mol = X = .2701 moles
1 L 1.48L

After solving that part I don't understand how to get liters of water. Maybe PV=nRT... but I tried that and I got the answer wrong.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How many moles of the gas? How many dissolved per liter of water?