Hi ,i need books, sites about Mindlin's Theory for thin plate

In summary, the individual is seeking books and websites related to Mindlin's Theory for thin plate vibrations and is encouraged to conduct their own research and return to Physics Forums for any specific questions or doubts.
pedromcrosa
Hi ,i need books, sites... about Mindlin's Theory for thin plate

Hi ,

i need books, sites... about Mindlin's Theory for thin plate (Vibrations).

Thanks

pmcr

Engineering news on Phys.org

pedromcrosa, Welcome to Physics Forums. Google is our friend, learn to use it! I used "Minklin's Theory for thin plate vibrations" as the search term and got

"About 185,000 results in (0.48 seconds)"

If, after you have done some reading/research/study of the subject, you have some specific doubts or questions, I invite you to come right back here on PF and post them. Certainly members here will help you get your doubts and questions resolved.

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

What is Mindlin's Theory for thin plate?

Mindlin's Theory for thin plate is a mathematical model that describes the behavior of thin plates under various loading and boundary conditions. It takes into account the effects of both bending and shear deformation, making it more accurate than previous plate theories.

What are the key assumptions made in Mindlin's Theory for thin plate?

The key assumptions of Mindlin's Theory for thin plate are that the plate is thin compared to its other dimensions, that it has a constant thickness, and that it is made of a homogeneous and isotropic material. It also assumes that the plate is subjected to small deformations and that the strains are small.

What are some applications of Mindlin's Theory for thin plate?

Mindlin's Theory for thin plate has many practical applications, including in the field of structural engineering for the design of bridges, buildings, and aircraft components. It is also used in the analysis of thin shell structures, such as pressure vessels and pipelines.

What are some limitations of Mindlin's Theory for thin plate?

Mindlin's Theory for thin plate is not suitable for thick plates or plates with large deformations. It also does not take into account the effects of plastic behavior or nonlinear materials. Additionally, it may not accurately predict the behavior of plates with complex geometries or boundary conditions.

Where can I find books and websites about Mindlin's Theory for thin plate?

Some recommended books on Mindlin's Theory for thin plate include "Theory of Plates and Shells" by S. Timoshenko and S. Woinowsky-Krieger, "Advanced Mechanics of Solids" by L. Srinath, and "Engineering Mechanics of Solids" by E. Popov. Websites such as ResearchGate, ScienceDirect, and SpringerLink also have numerous articles and research papers on Mindlin's Theory for thin plate.